There had been an online campaign for fans to vote for their favorite Dodger t-shirt to be given away at Dodger Stadium on May 29th. The winning t-shirt is above, pic via @Dodgers on twitter.
- Via Jon Heyman at CBS, "Dodgers love Hanley and are talking about big deal, but work remains."
Ramirez, eligible for free agency after this season, is seeking a contract in excess of $100 million, and probably well north of that figure. While no exact numbers have gotten out, it is thought that he is actually seeking something in excess of $130 million.
- Via Tim Brown at Yahoo Sports, "How Zack Greinke changed his approach to protect his elbow."
Greinke, being Greinke, was perhaps just self-aware enough to change. He still throws plenty of sliders, but hopes to cap them at 15, maybe 20, per start, thereby balancing his desire to win with the hope to pitch again in five days. Perhaps the ulnar collateral ligament goes a thread at a time, he doesn't really know, but if so, he was going to budget his threads, and not pitch straight through his elbow by the time he was 30 and then be no good to himself or his team for a year.
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Dodgers who missed Australia are hitting their marks."
"If I had gone, Australia would have been a mess for me," Greinke said. "Technically, I would have had enough starts to be ready to open the season. But it would have been very tough. Staying back helped me catch up with the workouts."
- Ron Cervenka at Think Blue LA notes that, "David Price is coming to L.A." He'll be at the Major League Baseball Urban Youth Academy in Compton on Saturday.
- Here is an early peek at the Tommy Lasorda (June 14th) and Hello Kitty (June 3rd) bobbleheads the Dodgers are giving out next month.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *