Puigy Bear, pic via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014.
- Via Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider, "A.J. Ellis ties obscure, quirky MLB record."
I’m confident, if not completely sure, that Ellis is the first catcher ever to get three assists in one inning on strikeouts that required throws to first.
- Via David Brown at Big League Stew, "Odd report: Stan Kasten, Ruben Amaro are candidates for commissioner." I do not want Stan to leave the team. I feel that he's one of the smartest executives in the game, and would prefer he remain Dodger Blue.
- I hadn't thought of this analogy, but it seems apt. Via Harold Uhlman at Think Blue LA, "‘Pistol’ Pete Reiser - The Yasiel Puig of the ’40s."
- Check out this scouting report on Erisbel Arruebarrena, via Chris Blessing at RotoScouting.com. He's got a great glove and plus bat speed; unfortunately, his swing needs some work.
- True to the Blue shares some pics and autographs he got from the Dodgers Old-Timers game a couple of weeks ago.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *