Now this is awesome. On July 12th the Dodgers are giving away a Pee Wee Reese / Roy Campanella bobblehead, and they shared a photo of it yesterday (pic above via @Dodgers on twitter). This year marks the 55th Anniversary of Roy Campanella Night at the LA Coliseum, and the bobblehead celebrates the moment Pee Wee wheeled Campy out onto the field. Any you know, the 93,000 fans in attendance took out their lighters in honor of Campanella. To the right is another view of the bobblehead.
- Check out the online fan petition asking that the Dodgers and Time Warner to STOP the defacto BLACKOUT!! Check out: Fans Rising.com (Hat Tip: JP Hoornstra at Inside the Dodgers) Chris Erskine of the LA Times is the sponsor of the online fan petition and writes a bit about it here: "Hope springs eternal, but so does Dodgers cable blackout."
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Tommy Lasorda says he hopes V. Stiviano gets hit by a car."
- Chris Moran at Beyond the Box Score, "Yasiel Puig, very disciplined hitter."
Puig's swing is scary, and now that he's using it with more discernment, he's an even scarier hitter. Even if his in-play batting average takes a steep drop from its lofty .375 state, he projects as one of the best 20 bats in baseball.
- Via Ben Standig at MLB.com, "Dodgers send Ellis to Arizona to get at-bats."
"For him to be able to get more at-bats, control the number of at-bats he gets, we can control the work and the amount that he's getting every day," Dodgers manager Don Mattingly said of the call to send Ellis out versus rehabbing with the club. "Then we'll just kind of decide at some point if we need to push him up as far as competition and get him in different places before we bring him back."
- Via Jim Callis at MLB.com, "Pipeline Perspectives: Pederson's start best in Minors."
The son of Stu Pederson, who got four big league at-bats as an outfielder with the 1985 Dodgers, Joc has solid or better tools across the board. His best attribute may be his left-handed power, which he displayed by leading the Double-A Southern League with a .497 slugging percentage last season.
- Here are some more preview picks of some Dodger give-aways at Dodger Stadium. On the left is the Andre Ethier BBQ Apron being (Monday, May 26th), at center is the Vin Scully 65th Anniversary Microphone (Tuesday, July 29th), and on the right is the Hello Kitty Travel Mug (Thursday, July 10th).
- The newest issue of Dodger Insider Magazine is available now. Check out the cover below.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *