A bunch of LA Kings players came out to Dodger Stadium yesterday with the Cup in tow, pic via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014. Jon Rosen at LA Kings Insider shares a bunch of pics and videos on the Kings night at Dodger Stadium, and so does Jon SooHoo here.
- Via JP Hoornstra at Inside the Dodgers, "Carl Crawford returns to Los Angeles for MRI on sprained left ankle."
“I’m not quite sure where the setback came,” Mattingly said. “He was running pretty well a couple weeks ago.”
- You must check out the Historic Dodgertown Website. They just put up an exclusive never-before-seen vintage video that features the 1951 Dodgers working out during Spring Training in Vero Beach that is in color. Check it out here.
“We are pleased to share this rare footage in tribute to longtime New York sportswriter Gus Steiger, who had this original film and passed it along to his son, Joel,” said Peter O’Malley, Historic Dodgertown chairman. “I knew Gus and he had the respect of everyone in the Dodger organization.”Joel Steiger, featured in the film as a boy exploring Dodgertown, said, “The original film is edited to four and a half minutes. Our family is happy that it is available for Dodger fans everywhere. I was fortunate to travel to Dodgertown as a boy on several occasions and visit this historic place. I have many great memories of it and the people there.”
- Ah... What? Via Mike Oz at Big League Stew, "MLB teams join in Twitter sing-along of Taylor Swift song." The Dodger twitter feed was a major participant - surely making Clayton Kershaw proud. He recently professed his love of her music, via a story by Jimmy Traina at FoxSports. A quote from Kershaw is below:
"By the way, if you don't like Taylor Swift, you're just lying to yourself. If you're a dude and you think you're too cool to like her, just get over yourself, really."
- A fan (Jeevers0192) at the Dodger Reddit shared a bunch of photos from a bicycle tour of Brooklyn - going to important Dodger landmarks along the way. Check out the photos here on imgur.
- Mark Saxon at ESPNLosAngeles.com informs us that Dodger 3rd baseman Jamie Romak and Kings centerman Jeff Carter grew up playing Baseball and hockey together in London, Ontario. Then, JP Hoornstra at Inside the Dodgers tells us that Jamie's grandfather was a professional hockey player.
- Via Andy Fixmer at Mashable, the Dodgers radio broadcast has increased 48% due to the TV lockout.
- The Dodgers have signed their 2014 1st Round Draft Pick Grant Holmes. Via Jon Heyman on twitter, he will receive more than $2.4Mil.
It's official, I am a Dodger Mom! @GHolmes_14 @Dodgers #blessed pic.twitter.com/ZGcvxB3c4W
— ⚾Cherlyn Holmes (@Cherlyn4414) June 18, 2014
- Yasiel Puig recently shared a photo on instagram of himself with his beautiful baby boy.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *