A No-No from Kershaw. Holy Moly! Gif above via Dodgers on tumblr. Check out a whole bunch of photos from the evening right here, via Jon SooHoo.
- Via Dylan Hernandez at the LA Times, Hanley Ramirez speaks a bit about the Dodgers recent turnaround.
Ramirez traced the team's turnaround to when Manager Don Mattingly criticized the team at the end of the previous homestand. Mattingly used an expletive to describe the Dodgers and said the players lacked a common objective.
In the days that followed, Mattingly reiterated the message in a team meeting.
"Everybody saw that what Donnie was saying was right," Ramirez said.
Told of what Ramirez said, Mattingly replied, "You'd like to think your words have something to do with it, but I really don't."
- A strange but true fact, via Bill Shaikin on twitter:
#Dodgers had two shortstops (Ramirez, Triunfel) homer in the same game last night for first time since at least 1900, per Elias.
— Bill Shaikin (@BillShaikin) June 18, 2014
- Via Steve Dilbeck and Mike DiGiovanna at the LA Times, "Dodgers, Angels have mixed reaction to tobacco after death of Tony Gwynn."
"I could sit here and lie to you and tell you yes, but unfortunately it would be just a straight lie," (Josh) Beckett said.
"I'm addicted to it. It's more than just the nicotine. It's the oral fixation. I don't think anyone does it just for the nicotine thing, or we'd probably all be on the [nicotine] patch."
- Via Ken Gurnick and Michael Lananna at MLB.com, "Wallach heads to Canadian Baseball Hall of Fame."
"I'm both surprised and honored to be selected to the Canadian Baseball Hall of Fame," said Wallach in a statement. "What a great thrill to be going in with such integral parts of the Montreal Expos for such a long time, and to join many of my old teammates and manager, along with so many people that meant so much to Canadian baseball. This is a great honor for my family and myself."
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *