Get down and give me 20!" Adrian Gonzalez and Yasiel Puig show off perfect form for doing push-ups. Pic above via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014.
- Friday's Veteran of the Game Angel Peraza shared a bunch of his photos from the game on Reddit, via Imgur. Go here to check them out. He wrote the following on Reddit:
Today was super cool. I was really honored to be chosen by the Dodgers to their veteran of the Game. There was some coordination that had to happen before the game, it's cool to get a phone call from "The Dodger Organization". They gave me tickets for me, my wife and two sons. It was really amazing to be able to be on the field with the players during the National Anthem. They walked me through the clubhouse to get to the field and gave me a tour as we walked through. On the way down we walked past Don Newcomb. It was mind blowing to have a quick conversion with a living legend. He told me some cool stories from his Army days. During the 3rd inning, they again brought me on to the field for a short presentation. Basically, They emailed a questionnaire a couple of weeks ago and had me send in some photos to display on by the jumbotron. I didn't get to get many photos of my time on the field, since I had to put my phone away. But, on the field I got a quick hand shake from Kemp and Puig. I got a challenge coin, too, it looks awesome .
- Via Cary Osborne at Dodger Insider, "Billingsley faced surgery the only way he knows."
“You can’t dwell on what happened in the past,” he said. “You’ve got to keep fighting and keep going and stay positive.”
- On the heels of Kershaw's deal with Topps earlier this year, now Puig signs with them. Via a tweet from Cardboard Connections on twitter:
Yasiel Puig has signed a 1-year deal with @toppscards. Makes him a Topps-exclusive for autographed cards #collect
— Cardboard Connection (@sportscards) June 27, 2014
- Via Chris Olds at Beckett, Puig had this to say about the deal with Topps.
“Joining the Topps family is yet another dream come true for me,” Puig said in a prepared statement. “It’s exciting to be pictured on a baseball card and to be part of such a long-standing American tradition.”
- So, what does Colletti have in mind for trade deadline acquisitions? Mark Saxon on twitter provides some insight.
Ned Colletti on early trade deadline thoughts: "I'd like to get our bullpen squared away, whether it's internally or externally."
— Mark Saxon (@markasaxon) June 28, 2014
This should come as no surprise. Pitching wins championships, and right now our starters are rolling just fine, but our bullpen could use some polishing.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *