Andre Ethier is seen fooling around with some of "Kemp's Kids" before yesterdays gane against the Padres. Photo above via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014.
- Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider shares an early peek at the Babe Ruth as a Dodger bobblehead that the team is giving away to fans on September 9th. See a pic on the right.
- The Dodgers will be giving away commemorative pins in honor of the no-hitters thrown by Josh Beckett and Clayton Kershaw to fans at a couple of future home games. On September 1st (vs. WSH, 5:10 p.m.) fans will receive a Beckett pin, and on September 22 (vs. SF, 7:10 p.m.) fans will receive a Kershaw pin. The first 40,000 fans will receive a pin. Mock-up drawings of the pins are not yet available.
- Via Mark Saxon at ESPNLosAngeles.com, "Joc Pederson's hour fast approaching?"
They need Pederson because of his fresh, 22-year-old legs, his agility and the fact he has been playing the position his entire career. They need him to catch the ball. Whatever he produces at the plate is gravy.
- Via Mike Petriello at Dodgers Digest, "The Path To Joc Pederson."
Well, that time has come. Everyone is healthy. Kemp and Ethier have tried and failed to be center fielders, with Ethier throwing in lousy offense and fewer homers than Billy Hamilton for good measure. Pederson has spent his half-season in Triple-A doing nothing but produce. The time is now.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *