Yasiel Puig says hello to Dodger fans from the All-Star Game Home Run Derby in the photo above, via @#ASG on twitter. Unfortunately, Puig was unable to hit a single home run during the derby. Doh! Check out more pics from yesterday from Jon SooHoo here.
- Awesome! Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider shares an excellent video featuring Vin Scully recalling the moon landing of Apollo 11 45 years ago.
- Along with the All-Star prints numbered to #/99 and #/10 created by Topps using the vintage 1958 Baseball card design and featuring this season All-Star Game selections, they sold special "1 of 1" large sized prints featuring just the starting lineups. Yasiel Puig was available, but apparently has already been sold. Believe me... I checked. See the available prints here.
- Vial Bill Shaikin at the LA Times, "What could tempt Zack Greinke to opt out of Dodgers contract?"
“What happens with Lester and Scherzer will say a lot,” Greinke said at Monday’s All-Star festivities.
Greinke, 30, would forfeit three years and $71 million if he opts out of his contract, presumably in the hope of securing a longer and more lucrative guarantee. If he plays out his Dodgers contract, he would not be eligible for free agency until age 35.
He can opt-out after the 2015 season, and I think it's fair to assume that he'll do so as long as he pitches as well as he has. Furthermore, I think the Dodgers would be foolish to let him leave.
- As you likely already know, Adam Wainwright was chosen to start the All-Star Game over Clayton Kershaw. Via Mark Saxon at ESPNLosAngeles.com, "Kershaw understands Wainwright selection."
“I didn’t have a reaction. I kind of assumed. Adam had the best first half and Mike was his manager,” Kershaw said. “You’re going to pick your guy. So, I completely understand.”
- GCRL tells us all about the 1992 Dodger All-Stars TRAK Auto sheet of stamps. I had no idea this set existed.
- Via Alex Markle at Chavez Ravining, "Dodger Game in Review: Autographs, a Bobble Head, and a Win!" He shares his experience from Saturday's game.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *