Wow! What else can you say about Clayton Kershaw? He has been an absolute beast. Just check out this short list of otherworldly things he's done in his career so far, as compiled by Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider. Last Night he went all the way to pitch a complete game. He struck out 9 and barely missed out on a shut out. The Dodgers now find themselves with a 3.5 game lead over the Giants, and they appear to be running on all cylinders. The pic above via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014.
- Topps newest online direct sale Baseball card creation is called MLB Illustration and it includes a dandy cartoon-like drawing of Jackie Robinson. It borrows a vintage Topps design from 1961 called "Magic Rub-Offs." See it on the right. A 11" x 17" sized print is available and only 99 numbered copies will be created. Go here to check it out at Topps.
- Via Graham Womack at Baseball Past and Present shares a recent interview with former Dodger Jimmy Wynn.
- Via Mark Saxon at ESPNLosAngeles.com, "Why the Dodgers stood pat."
"If we didn't think that Joc or Corey or Urias had a chance to be impact players here, they'd be out of here," Colletti said. "You can't always stay in the same place where it's a team built on trades and free agency. This franchise's greatest years were really around teams that came through the system (emphasis mine)."
- The August 2014 issue of Dodger Insider Magazine features Hyu-Jin Ryu on the cover. See it on the left. It features a sit-down interview with Don Mattingly to discuss the Dodgers’ down-and-up first half, the latest on efforts to reduce Tommy John surgery, an exploration of the distinctive deliveries of such pitchers as Clayton Kershaw and J.P. Howell, analysis of the Dodgers’ ability to hit with runners in scoring position, a progress report on Dodger prospects and much more.
- Andre Ethier's Carne Asada Night will be on Sunday, August 17th. Go here for information. It is $50.00 and all proceeds benefit the Union Rescue Mission.
- So, are you still hopeful that you'll see the Dodgers on your TV if you're not a TWC customer? Well, don't be. Via Joe Flint of the LA Times on twitter:
TW Cable CFO Artie Minson says no deals likely for SportsNet LA this season.
— Joe Flint (@JBFlint) July 31, 2014
- Via Rich Mueller at Sports Collectors Daily, "Babe Ruth Memorabilia Exhibit Draws Crowds at NSCC." There's a video to enjoy.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *