Roberto Hernandez was a bit more wild in his second start as a Dodger. He threw 118 pitches in six innings and walked four batters. Nevertheless, Hernandez pitched well enough to record his second straight quality start and a victory. He limited the Braves to just three hits and one run on his way to his very first win in Blue.
On the offensive side, catcher Drew Butera hit his third home run of the season. Also, Adrian Gonzalez continued his hot ways by recording three hits; including a double, and three RBI's. Even better, Yasiel Puig looks to have gotten out of his mini-slump. He hit three singles, drove in a run and made a spectacular catch while crashing into the centerfield wall. Watch it below. Graphic above via @Dodgers on twitter.
The walls should start fearing @YasielPuig. http://t.co/BRprwGmYyb
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) August 14, 2014
The Dodgers increased their lead over the Gianst to 5.5 games. Now, here are some more links to check out.
- Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider shares a pic of the Magic Johnson bobblehead the Dodgers will be giving out on September 2nd. See it on the right.
- Seung Lee at the LA Times provides an interactive timeline on the life and career of "Vin Scully through the years."
- Via Mark Saxon at ESPNLosAngeles.com, "Stopping (just) short of calling race for L.A." It's all about the Dodgers currently being in the driver seat, the pundits worrying about making another bad call and that initial bad call that certainly motivated the Dodgers to get their butt into gear.
“That was funny (of the articles calling the division for the Giants),” catcher A.J. Ellis said. “All I’ll say about that is, I think Drew Butera still has a link to it on his phone. We got a kick out of it.”
- He just gets better as time moves on. Via Teddy Cahill at MLB.com, "Urias strikes out nine in win for Rancho Cucamonga." We are easily a couple of years (at a minimum) before he wears Dodger Blue, but I just can't wait. Something tells me that he'll be worth it.
- I dare you to tell me Puig isn't a fine young man after reading this. Via Cary Osborne at Dodger Insider, "Yasiel Puig’s heartwarming gesture to Carl and Jimmy Erskine."
- Awesome! GCRL shares even more Steve Garvey oddball cards and collectibles.
- Ouch. Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Erisbel Arruebarrena placed on Triple-A DL with right shoulder inflammation."
- Via Chris Olds at Beckett we get a first look at Topps 2015 Baseball flagship Baseball card design. See it below. So, what do you think? Do you like it?
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *