Martin Lawrence visited the Dodgers yesterday afternoon, and got really chummy with the Blue Crew. Pic above featuring Yasiel Puig and Lawrence via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014. Go here to see more pics by Jon from yesterday.
On a side note, it's unfortunate the Dodgers lost the weekend series against the Cubs... And yeah, it sucks. But ya know, that stuff happens. Baseball is filled with so many twist and turns it never makes much sense to fret about the minute. Instead, I prefer the more patient and macro approach to fandom. Overall, the Dodgers are one of the better run producing teams in the league (4th) and has a pitching staff still regarded as one of the best. And when you consider that they currently have the best record in the National League, I just feel there's much more to be thankful for than worried about.
Sure, there's plenty of room for improvement, and I suspect the Dodgers will make some moves to improve. It's just that the constant harping about this guy or that guy, or the lack of an impact deadline trade stinks of irrational sensationalism. As a Dodger fan I'm in a happy place, the Dodgers are in a happy place, and you should be too. Come on folks, were in 1st place, and odds are we will continue to compete the rest of the season. That's something to hang your hat on.
- ICYMI: Over the weekend pitcher Paul Maholm was sent to the DL, and reliever Paco Rodriguez was called back up. Maholm is likely headed for surgery. He was diagnosed with a right ACL tear
- Via Andy Kamenetzky at ESPNLosAngeles.com, "Dodgers 'come through in big moments'"
Via Don Mattingly: We’ve got plenty of guys here that have come through in big moments. We didn’t have Adrian. We didn’t have Yasiel. But we do have Matt [Kemp]. We do have Hanley [Ramirez]. We still have Carl Crawford and Andre Ethier. There’s a number of guys that have come through for you, not counting even the [Scott] Van Slykes and J.T.’s [Justin Turners] and the Dee Gordons.
- There were of couple of big signing events over the weekend at WSS stores in Los Angeles. It included Dodger greats such as Yeager, Mota, Johnstone, Jarrin, Valenzuela and Cey. Fortunately, a couple of bloggers shared their experience. Check out Blue Skinny Fan's post at the event featuring Yeager, Mota and Johnstone, here. Roberto at Vin Scully is My Homeboy shares his day getting autographs from Jarrin, Valenzuela and Cey, here.
- Apparently, the cat is now out of the bag. The rumored outdoor NHL hockey game between the Kings and San Jose Sharks next season will be happening on Saturday, February 21st at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, via Harrison Mooney at Puck Daddy. Ticketmaster briefly had tickets for sale before realizing their mistake.
- The Chronicles of Fuji writes about, "Two Powerful Words." He explains why being a teacher has been all worthwhile.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *