Wow! What an fantastic photo. I've seen all kinds of photos of old Ebbets Field, but never from this perspective. Photo via @DugoutLegends on twitter. Click on the pic to embiggen.
- Cary Osborn at Dodger Insider reminds us to, "Prepare for delays at Glendale Freeway exit on Saturday."
Drivers coming to Dodger Stadium for Saturday’s 6:10 p.m. game are warned that there could be delays exiting the southbound 2 (Glendale Freeway) at its endpoint.
CalTrans has scheduled utility work between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. on Saturday where the freeway ends and lets out to Glendale Boulevard. The exit’s No. 2 lane will be closed, allowing only one lane to flow onto surface streets, according to CalTrans.
- Via Everett Cook at the LA Times, "By any means of thinking, Dodgers' Zack Greinke gets job done on mound." Zack makes an interesting comment about how being stupid works for Baseball players. Ha!
"Baseball is a sport where being stupid and keeping things really simple a lot of times is the right way to do things," he said. "There are very few guys that are capable of processing a lot of information and applying it and still being good at it. … I don't want to name names, but there were guys I played with that were so stupid that they're really good, because their mind never gets in the way."
- Matt Eddy at Baseball America ranks the "Top 10 Starts By Minor League Pitchers In 2014," and two Dodger prospects made the list at #1 & #2.
- Eric Stephen at True Blue LA reminds us about who is eligible for the postseason roster.
- Via Pedro Moura at the OC Register, "Dodgers prospect Urias, 18, conjuring up memories of Fernando."
“Fernandomania’s not gonna happen ever again,” (Juan) Castro said. “But people want to see somebody similar, and I think this kid can be someone special like that.”
- Via Steve Dilbeck at the La Times, "Could Carlos Frias have pitched his way into Dodgers' rotation?"
“We’ll have to see if there’s another spot for it,” said Manager Don Mattingly. “It was just one thing.
- Best commentary yet on the idiotic movement to shame comic book creators for the so-called sexualization of comic book characters.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *