Here is the 2014 Dodger organization team photograph, via Jill Weisleder/LA Dodgers 2014. Go here to check out more photos from Jill, Jon SooHoo and Juan Ocampo from yesterday.
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Kenley Jansen 4th Dodgers pitcher with 40 saves in a season."
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Kershaw shows he's a better ace off the field." It's all about his Ping Pong 4 Purpose charity event held on Thursday.
"And soon Clayton is teaching these kids how to throw and catch a ball, without communicating with words. And that was the moment he realized that God gave him the ability to throw a baseball and it can make a difference to a kid in Africa. And he realized he could do this, even if it was my calling and not his. It was an amazing moment."
(via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014)
You can check out a bunch of great photos taken by Dodger photographer Jon SooHoo here. The photo on the right is of Andre Ethier with his own paddle. LOL!
- Congrats, Scott Van Slyke! Via @Dodgers on twitter, he has a new son.
Elijah, that is! RT @Dodgers: Congratulations to Audrey and @ScottVanSlick on the birth of their second son, Eli, who arrived early Thursday
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) September 5, 2014
- Via Jeff Sullivan at FanGraphs, "Clayton Kershaw, Right Down the Pipe."
What you don’t think of ace pitchers as doing is hurling the ball down the middle very often. That’s the danger zone, the area where you find the bulk of the meatballs. Turns out Kershaw’s not afraid of going down the pipe. Turns out Kershaw doesn’t really get hurt there very much.
- Dustin Nosler at Dodgers Digest shares, "My 2014 Dodgers’ Minor League Players of the Year."
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *