It's nice to finally witness some Dodge offense. They exploded for nine runs yesterday, and even scored four of them before the fifth inning. Hanley had a four hit game, Crawford had three hits including a homer and Uribe homered as well. Clayton Kershaw did his part on the mound; going eight innings, giving up one earned run and striking out eight.
Featured above is Magic Johnson with LA Kings mascot Bailey, via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014. Go here to check out more photos from the evening. Last night was Kings Night at Dodger Stadium. Unfortunately, the Stanley Cup did not make an appearance. On another note, I want Bailey's jersey so bad.
The Dodgers now have won four games in a row and increased their division lead to 3.5 games over the Giants. BTW, their MAGIC NUMBER is now 16. Now, check out some links below:
- If you watched last night's game then you saw a bit of the Bad News Bears during the top of the sixth inning. On a single play the Dodgers committed three errors that allowed two runs to score. It was like watching my nephews little league game in action. Ken Gurnick at MLB.com has a good rundown of the event; including video.
- Dan Haren is now on twitter. Follow him here: @ithrow88. Unfortunately, he might not be there for long. It appears the trolls have come out of the woodwork. He recently posted that he is already regretting joining, here.
- the 2015 Dodger schedule is now available for viewing. Go here to check it out.
- Via Bill Chuck at the Daily Gammons, no one has more hitless relief appearances than JP Howell this season.
- Via Mark Langill at Dodger Insider, "Camilli and Gonzalez: Two of a kind at first."
Dolph Camilli and Adrian Gonzalez have more in common than being the only Dodger left-handed hitting first basemen in the last 75 years of the franchise to post consecutive 100-RBI seasons. Camilli and Gonzalez represent key players acquired under new ownership during their respective eras.
- Via Steve Gilbert at MLB.com, Dodgers Assistant GM DeJon Watson and Agent Dave Stewart on list to be new Diamondbacks GM.
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Frias, Baez could be key cogs in Dodgers' bullpen."
- Via Mark Saxon at ESPNLosAngeles.com, "Don Mattingly likes Dodgers' energy."
“I like the fact guys are talking about the right things, like having good at-bats, and I can feel the energy on the bench,” Mattingly said. “We’ve been more competitive in games we’ve been down. Right now, it’s that time of year. We’re in a pennant race. We know every game is important, every at-bat is important, every play you make on the field is important. Guys know where we’re at.”
- Via Harold Uhlman at Think Blue LA, "Lookouts advance to Southern League Championship Series."
- Get this T-Shirt!
I've designed a limited edition shirt to raise funds for @sportsspec! Get yours quick: http://t.co/LpO05c739C pic.twitter.com/sDB8FviDkL
— Yasiel Puig (@YasielPuig) September 9, 2014
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *