The card featured above is fantastic. This is the 2014 Topps Triple Threads - Triple Hits card of Fernando Valenzuela. As you can see, it's an oversized card with an autograph, a game-used jersey piece and an actual handprint of the left-handed hurler (unfortunately a right-handed print). Pic via JimmyMahan on twitter. Go here to see a pic of Fernando making the handprints of this card that was shared by Topps on twitter.
Below are some links to check out:
- Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider shares his favorite photos from the 2014 season.
- Via Beka Watts at Cure.org, "Clayton Kershaw visits CURE Dominican Republic."
We were honored to have Clayton, A.J., Brandon, and Brandon in for a visit to the Dominican Republic. From attending devotions to spending time with kids preparing for and recovering from surgery – as well as witnessing a surgery – to visiting the home of a child who had been healed at CURE, the group was able to see a wide range of what CURE does on a daily basis. It was encouraging for us to hear that throughout the course of the day, they saw the gospel being expressed through the work of CURE.
- Via Roch Kubatko at MASN Sports, "Buck Britton signs with Dodgers." He gets a Spring invite and has an opt-out clause in his new Dodger contract.
Orioles manager Buck Showalter liked Britton's versatility. He's played all four infield positions and left and right field, and he took the mound twice this season when Norfolk ran out of pitchers.
- Mike Petriello at Dodger Digests throws in his two cents on Buck Britton, "A Reason To Maybe Be Interested in Buck Britton."
- Traitor! Via Stacie Wheeler at Lasorda's Lair, "Carlos Triunfel Signs With Giants."
- Via Michael O'Keefe at the Daily News, "Of photos and frauds! Probe that took down memorabilia giant Mastro now turns spotlight on Arkansas archivist John Rogers." (Hat Tip: Rich Mueller at SCD)
- Pat Quinn, the LA Kings coach of my youth, died on Sunday. RIP, Pat Quinn. Via Katie Strang at ESPN, "Longtime coach Pat Quinn dies at 71."
- Good bye, Hanley. Thanks for the memories. (And just to clarify, we were only going to get a supplemental pick once he signs elswhere, so the fact that the Red Sox pick is protected doesn't change that. All it changes is that the teams behind them do not move up one spot in the 1st round draft order, and the Sox lose their 2nd round pick) Via a tweet by Ken Rosenthal:
Sources say Hanley’s deal with #RedSox will be in range of five years, $90M.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) November 24, 2014
UPDATE: Contract is now believed to be much higher than what is stated above. Via a recent Rosenthal tweet, it is expected to be 4 years at $88Mil with a vesting option for a 5th year at $22Mil.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *