There are plenty of photographs of the field at Ebbets. Heck, there are more photos of the advertising on the outfield walls than I can count. But there are hardly any pics of what's inside the stadium; in particular the rotunda located behind home plate. Via @MLBcathedrals on twitter they share a rare photo that you can see above.
The rotunda was 80-foot round and made of Italian marble. Also, there were ornate chandeliers hanging from the rafters that had light fixtures shaped as Baseballs. To most fans it was a sight to behold, and in homage to this Baseball wonder Citi Field, where the Mets play today, recreated it. They call it the "Jackie Robinson Rotunda."
Below are some links to check out:
- Via Emma at Dodger Blue World, "When Did You Fall in Love?"
- This is a scary scary thought. Via Steve Dilbeck at the LA Times, "Could Brandon McCarthy turn into next Jason Schmidt for Dodgers?"
- Via Curt Anderson at Yahoo Sports, "Guilty plea set in smuggling of Dodgers' Puig."
Investigators say Suarez was one of the Miami-based financiers of the 2012 smuggling venture in which Puig was taken by boat from Cuba to Mexico. The financiers were to receive a cut of the seven-year, $42 million contract Puig later signed with the Dodgers.
Prosecutors are seeking forfeiture of any money Suarez got from Puig's contract, in addition to a house, a condominium, a Porsche and a Mercedes-Benz.
- Via Cary Osborne at Dodger Insider, "In 2015, the Dodgers will go to WAR with a formidable top four."
- Via Blue Skinny Fan, "Nomar Garciaparra Autograph Signing at Glendale Galleria (12/13/14)." There are some nice photos to look through.
- Via Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider, "Dodgers send Noel Cuevas to Rockies in Juan Nicasio deal."
- Just another fantastic post by Night Owl Cards, "Thinking outside the box." I don't think it's a stretch to say that the 1991 Topps set is the best and most under-appreciated set of the modern card era.
- I am not a fan of the new LA Kings Stadium Series Jersey. Pic below via @SI_NHL on twitter. What's up with the white pants? It makes it look like he's wearing pajamas. Others have noted that it is Stormtrooper-like.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *