Our new second baseman, Howie Kendrick, made his debut at Dodger Stadium yesterday afternoon and impressed the crowd with his glowing smile. He really seems happy to be a Dodger. Via Cary Osborne at Dodger Insider:
“They’re always moving forward trying to get better, and there’s always some ways you can get better,” Kendrick said. “That’s very cool to come to an organization that’s wanting to improve the game. They’ve been division champs (two) years in a row, so hopefully we can win another one.”The photo above was provided by Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014. Go here to check out more pics from yesterday's press conference.
Below are some links to check out:
- Via Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider, "Jimmy Rollins zips from red to blue."
Rollins grew up in Oakland and greeted a conference-call question about his childhood allegiance today with a laughing “Are you trying to rub 1988 in my face or something?”
On the other hand, once he resolved to let go of his 18-year association with the Phillies organization, the Dodgers were his first choice for a new team.
“I’ve always loved the color blue – that’s my favorite color,” Rollins said. “I’ve loved that uniform. And they’re built to win from this very moment.”
- So, this is when it all begins, via a tweet by @ThinkBlueLA:
Dodgers announce pitchers & catchers report Thursday 2/19 w/ 1st workout 2/20, position players Wednesday 2/25 w/ 1st workout 2/26.
— ThinkBlueLA (@Think_BlueLA) December 19, 2014
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Dodgers DFA Kyle Jensen, Ryan Lavarnway claimed off waivers by Cubs."
- Chris Olds at Beckett provides a sneak peak preview of the 2015 Topps Archives Baseball set. Check out the Kershaw card on the right.
- Via Cary Osborne at Dodger Insider, "Quotebook: Andrew Friedman on the Dodgers’ offseason moves."
Question from a reporter: “Are you aware the Dodger fans will hate you if the Matt Kemp trade doesn’t work out?”:
“Not anymore than we’ll hate ourselves. Look, all of us are focused on winning, and the fans’ passion is tremendous and I’m looking forward to experiencing the electricity in the building next year. I love the passion they have for the Dodgers, and everything we’re doing is in the vein of trying to put ourselves in the best position to make it into October and then play as long as we can.”
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Friedman: Moves make Dodgers 'highly functional'"
"It all gets back to us doing everything we could to mold the roster into a highly functional team, instead of a collection of talent," said Friedman
- Via Ben Badler at Baseball America, "How Will MLB Handle Big Changes With Cuba?"
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *