Featured above are Shawn Green, Vin & Sandra Scully and Justin & Kourtney Turner. They were on hand for an Dodger sponsor event for UPS at Dodger Stadium the other day. Photo above via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014. Go here to see more photos from the evening.
Below are some links to check out:
- Listen to this past Wednesday's Off-Season Dodger Talk here. Adrian Gonzalez comes on the air to speak with the guys.
- Via Cary Osborne at Dodger Insider, "The scouting report on Kershaw, Koufax and Clemente."
- Via Ben Golliver at Sports Illustrated, "Magic Johnson recognized with SI's Sportsman of the Year Legacy Award."
- The preview card below is just awesome. What a great photograph. Via Chris Olds at Beckett, he shares some preview pics for 2015 Topps Stadium Club that is expected to come out on June 24, 2015. Go here to check out more pics and bow down to the glorious Fernando Valenzuela card below.
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Ethiers dedicate Learning Center at Rescue Mission."
"I'm using the winter to take a step and get myself back to where I need to be," Ethier said. "You can't expect people to give it to you. You've got to earn it. I'm going for it in the offseason, so I will be prepared to compete and win a job.
"[Management] is busy hustling to get the team and the organization to the way they want it to be -- not just setting us up for next year, but for years to come. That's what happens with a shakeup. We really don't need that much on the Major League level. We need a good system top to bottom."
- Fine! I'll link a Bill Plaschke article, but only because I liked it, "Bringing back catcher A.J. Ellis is received wisdom on Dodgers' part." Check it out here.
But on the mound and in the clubhouse, it was a no-brainer, and the fact that new baseball bosses Andrew Friedman and Farhan Zaidi recognized that so quickly speaks volumes about the balance between numbers and intangibles that they could be willing to strike.
"It was based on the totality of his contributions to the team," Zaidi, the Dodgers' new general manager, said of Ellis. "It's not an intangible, it's a tangible that he creates."
Van Slyke on if the Dodgers signed Jon Lester: "It would give Kershaw another lefty weirdo to talk to. He's a very good pitcher"
— MLB Network Radio (@MLBNetworkRadio) December 4, 2014
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *