The Dodgers are finally bringing the gnome to Los Angeles. This coming Monday, May 25th the Dodgers will be giving every fan in attendance a Tommy Lasorda garden gnome - a first for the franchise. Check out what it'll look like in the photo above, pic via @Dodgers in twitter. Also, at the very bottom of this post is a instagram gif of the Lasorda gnome running around Dodger Stadium.
Below are some more links to check out:
- Via Mark Saxon at ESPNLosAngeles.com, "Commissioner staying out of Dodgers TV dispute." Boo! At this point I think it's fair to say that they are no closer to a resolution then they were last season.
“Distribution issues are fundamentally issues between the rights holder and the distributors. I have no role or leverage in terms of inducing anybody to do anything in that process,” Manfred said. “We stay in touch with the Dodgers, the Dodgers are very concerned and obviously want to have distribution, as do we, but we just don’t really have a seat at that table.”
- Via Bobby DeMuro at CaliSportsNews.com, "Making The Team: Two Dodgers Non-Roster Invitees To Watch."
- Via Ben Badler at Baseball America, "Hector Olivera Shines At Final Showcase."
Olivera looked like a man among boys. To some degree, that literally was true, since there were several teenagers on the field. Yet there were also several Cuban players in their mid-20s and even 30s on the field, and the difference between Olivera and everyone else was striking.
- FanGraphs has a video up at YouTube that focuses on Olivera from the workout mentioned above. Watch it below:
- Here is the Tommy Lasorda garden gnome in action, via Lasorda's instagram:
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *