Here's an outstanding 1952 International News press photo of Jackie Robinson stealing home on Cubs catcher John Pramesa that I ran into on eBay. Check out the auction here.
It was the bottom of the 4th inning with Cubs pitcher Willie Ramsdell on the mound. Starting pitcher Preacher Roe was at the plate with the bases loaded, two outs and the Dodgers with the 1 run lead. Tension was mounting as the 1st place Dodgers sought to run the pitcher out of the game. On a 3-1 count Jackie headed for home and beat the called strike for the Dodgers 3rd run of the game.
Below are some more links to check out:
- Via Cary Osborne at Dodger Insider, "‘Dude, smile': An introduction to Enrique ‘Kiké’ Hernandez." Here's a fun look at one of our newest Dodgers.
- Cary Osborne also writes, "Chris Hatcher: From curiosity to shutdown reliever."
“There are three things that come out of my mind and my mouth before I come out of the bullpen: confidence, trust and conviction,” Hatcher said. “I want them to be the last thing on my mind before I come out of the bullpen. Because if you go out and have those three, more than likely you’ll be allright.
- Via David Young at True Blue LA, "The rarity of switch-hitting Dodgers catchers."
- Via Nadia Tseng at Dodgers Nation, "Kenley Jansen Takes Criticism of Dodgers Bullpen Personally."
At Dodgers Fan Fest this past Saturday, Jansen did not hide his disappointment when asked about how he felt regarding the scrutiny placed upon the bullpen last year. “It bothers me a lot because, you know, when they criticize the bullpen, they criticize me,” he said. “So if the bullpen is not doing good, I am not doing good.”
- Holy Moly! Check this thing out. While perusing through reddit I ran into a post by ryanjovian on the r/Dodgers reddit and was immediately envious of what I saw. He links to a group of photos of an enterprising gamer who made a Dodger themed arcade pedestal for the home, at Arcade86. Go here to check that out. It includes 42 gaming consoles and over 80,000 video games. Wha....! I see a Tron joystick.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *