Something tells me that the old guy still got it!
Don Newcombe threw out the first pitch before this past Friday's game at Camelback Ranch. Steve Yeager caught the pitch to the rousing applause from the fans in attendance. The photo above via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2015. Go here to check out more pics from the evening from Jon here.
Below are some links to check out:
- Via JP Hoornstra at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin, "Vin Scully is still a baseball fan as he begins 66th season with Dodgers."
“I say in all honesty there are more players that I don’t know on this edition than in many years gone by,” he said. “Of course that’s the nature of the game today, a long way from when we had the same infield for eight and a half years.”
- GCRL (GarveyCeyRussellLopes) Blog tells us a bit about the last time the Dodgers wore a black armband and created some fantastic fantasy cards in commemoration. It was in honor of the wife of Ken McMullen who had passed away of breast cancer at the age of 30. Check out the post here.
- Via Ron Cervenka at Think Blue LA, "Bullpen decisions ‘toughest ones’ for Mattingly."
“Everybody’s done well,” said Dodgers bullpen coach Chuck Crim. “Granted, they’ve all had their one game or two maybe, but as far as stuff-wise goes and the type of human beings we brought in here, it’s going to be a tough decision. Everybody’s done a really good job and on a consistent basis.”
- Via Jared Massey at Dodgers Nation, "Dodgers 2015 Top Prospects: Beginning The Countdown From No. 50."
- A fun day shared by the Fife family:
I think the boys would say they had a successful day meeting their favorite players #dodgers #cooluncleaward pic.twitter.com/5ZPPz7y460
— Alyssa Fife (@alyssa_fife) March 29, 2015
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *