Spring Training is quickly coming to a close. The Dodgers played their last home game yesterday afternoon and set a new Camelback Ranch attendance record of 147,066. That's an average of 9,804 fans per game. Photo above tweeted by the @Dodgers.
Below are some links to check out:
- Yeah. I'm linking to a Bill Plaschke story again: "As Dodgers' TV blackout drags on, they're losing sight of their fans." He provides a deeply personal look at a 94 year old fan who's life had been centered around the Dodgers and cannot now watch the club due to the cable issues.
"I feel so helpless," Ballard says. "It's like my team just forgot all about me."
- Via Curbed LA, "The Vin Scully Map Guide to Los Angeles." Borrowing the idea of the "Map to the Stars" commonly found on the streets of Los Angeles, Curbed LA shows you everything related to Vin Scully.
- Metal detectors are coming to Dodger Stadium. Via Cary Osborne at Dodger Insider, "New MLB security procedures begin Saturday at Dodger Stadium." I'm surprised that this hasn't happened sooner.
- The Dodgers are whittling down their relief staff. Bill Plunkett of the OC Register tells us a bit about it on twitter:
#Dodgers have released Dustin McGowan. Mike Adams paid $100K retention bonus. Will start season in minors with June 1 opt out
— Bill Plunkett (@billplunkettocr) March 31, 2015
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Dodgers' 2015 club rebuilt by relying on metrics, analytics."
- Via Mark Saxon at ESPNLosAngeles.com, "Sergio Santos working to come home."
He'd also get the chance to pitch at Dodger Stadium, 25 miles from where he grew up. His parents could come to a lot more games than when he was in Chicago or Toronto.
"It'd be like a dream come true," Santos said. "They're both excited, have their fingers cross and all that stuff, so we'll see."
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Andre Ethier leaves game after HBP, X-rays of elbow negative."
- Check out a listing of this season's commemorative MLB Baseball's here. (Hat Tip: Paul Lukas of UniWatch on twitter)
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *