Kazuhisa Ishii was in the house last night to throw out the ceremonial first pitch. Great to see you Kaz!
And what a great game to witness, eh? Heck, Ishii might have felt like he was in a different world. After all, the Dodgers punched the ball out of the park like they were a mile high in Colorado. He was witness to four Dodger dingers; including three in the first inning alone.
For whatever reason Dodger Stadium has not been the pitchers paradise it is known for. I haven't spent much time trying to figure out why that is, and it's probably way too early in the season to believe this is the new normal. Still, you have to wonder. Reporters even asked Mattingly what he thought about it (certainly in jest), via a tweet from Bill Plunkett:
Yeah, that's as good as any other reason. Or maybe it's this, via Mark Saxon at ESPN:Asked Mattingly to explain all the HRs being hit at #Dodgers Stadium: "You mean other than global warming?"— Bill Plunkett (@billplunkettocr) April 30, 2015
"I think it's just taken Mac this long to get through to the guys," Mattingly said.BTW, Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider had some fun with Dodger home run projections. Check his post out here. The above photo was taken by Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2015. Go here to check out more pics by him from yesterday. Below are some links to check out:
- Alex Guerrero is a high-road kind of person. Via Mark Saxon at ESPNLosAngeles.com, "Alex Guerrero says he's unfazed by Madison Bumgarner's yelling." Clearly, Bumgarner prefers the low-road.
“I think he was still thinking about the home run I hit in San Francisco, but I'm not the kind of person who gets upset at that kind of thing,” Guerrero said in Spanish. “To me, it's nothing.”
- Brandon McCarthy to have surgery today, via Alanna Rizzo on twitter:
McCarthy is scheduled for Tommy John Surgery tomorrow AM. It will be performed by Dr. ElAttrache. #Dodgers.
— Alanna Rizzo (@alannarizzo) April 29, 2015
- Via Craig Edwards at FanGraphs, "Joc Pederson Taking the Adam Dunn Path."
- Kudos to Adam Jones, via a Gabe Kapler tweet:
Adam Jones is a strong individual. Much respect for this powerful take. pic.twitter.com/sQDW2ngf92
— gabe kapler (@gabekapler) April 29, 2015
- I really hated the 80's, but the decade definitely had its moments. Case in point, check out this oldy, but goody. Here is Steve Sax's parody of the Billy Crystal song "You Look Marvelous;" which features Vin Scully dancing. Yup!
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *