Andre Ethier has been fantastic at the plate this season. It's like the past couple of years, which has recently been described as injury plagued, has finally passed, and he is ready to perform with the bat like used to. Last night he knocked in a run with a single in the 4th inning, and drove in three more on a home run in the 5th inning to help put the game away. The photo above is via the @Dodgers on twitter.
Below are some links to check out:
- Via Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider, "Walker Buehler has heard all your ‘Ferris’ jokes."
“I do actually like the movie,” Buehler said. “I’ve seen it a bunch of times, probably 10 times. It’s one of those things, where you get to your first day of school, every teacher tries to reinvent the wheel, do the whole skit, so at some point I just went with it.”
- Via Tyler Monroy at Dodgers Nation, "Dodgers News: Don Mattingly Says He’s ‘Comfortable’ With Jimmy Rollins."
“I’m fine with Jimmy,” Mattingly said recently. “I think he’s been swinging the bat pretty good. The other night I put him back in the two-hole for the day just because of the guys we had in there and he hits a bullet to short and a bullet to first so we cant control that part of it.”
- It's good to have him back. Via Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider, "Clayton Kershaw named co-NL Player of the Week."
- Via Tom Bartsch at Sports Collectors Digest, "Dick Nen Still Remembered by Dodgers Fans."
- Greg Zakwin at Plaschke, Thy Sweater is Argyle shares a new vintage addition to his growing collection - "A 1954 All-Star Photo Pack: Roy Campanella, Slabbed SGC 50!"
- Via Ron Cervenka at Think Blue LA, "Turner listed as ‘day-to-day’ after fouling ball off knee."
“It wasn’t too bad after awhile but out on defense, the dive, and I just banged it right back in the ground so that made it even worse. I’m not sure which one was worse for me,” Turner told reporters after the game. “As time goes on those things usually tighten up more and more. It was getting pretty uncomfortable and I didn’t want to not be able to get to a ball or have something happen and cost Mike [Bolsinger] some runs, so we decided to just come off the field and get the X-ray done and make sure nothing was wrong.”
- Via Steve Bourbon at MLB.com, "League will make a second rehab appearance."
"He was good," Mattingly said. "Right now, it's not so much how they're doing but that they're doing it and bouncing back. So it sounds like he's bounced back."
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *