The unhittable Clayton Kershaw. He was magnificent... No, he's been magnificent for quite some time now.
Last night he threw a complete game three-hit shutout to extend his scoreless innings streak to 29 innings, and I think it's fair to say that all the troubles he faced at the start of the season are now over. Heck, he might be pitching better than he ever has in the past. Consider this, via Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider:
Kershaw is the first MLB pitcher with three straight games of at least 10 strikeouts and no runs or walks allowed.In over 100 years of history no pitcher has ever done what Kershaw is currently doing. That's amazing.
The above photo of Kershaw and Joc Pederson in midst of a "high-five" is via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2015. Go here to take a look at more photos from yesterday's game from Jon. Below are some links to check out:
- I gotta get on this right away. Roberto at Vin Scully is My Homeboy tells us about a limited edition Dodger pin giveaway at 76 gas stations, here.
- Hey! Congrats to the expecting family. I guess Greinke's scoreless streak will have to wait a bit. He is likely to miss his scheduled start today, but could pitch over the weekend. Via a tweet from Alanna Rizzo:
RHP Zack Greinke is not with team. He is with his wife, @Wilsysmommy, as they are expecting their 1st baby. It is unlikely he pitches tmrw.— Alanna Rizzo (@alannarizzo) July 23, 2015
- Via Joe Posnanski's blog, "A Zack Greinke Story." (Hat Tip: Dustin Nosler on twitter) I guarantee you'll laugh.
- Here's an early peek at the Justin Turner bobblehead the Dodgers are giving away to fans on September 1st. Check it out on the right.
- Via Dustin Nosler at Dodger Digest, "Julio Urias almost back, but his development was stunted."
- Via James Montgomery at Rolling Stone, "Joc Pederson Just Wants to Buy You Breakfast." Here's a recent interview with our star rookie:
JM: You mentioned breakfast; I'm wondering, when you're out with your teammates, who picks up the check?
JP: I went with [Scott] Van Slyke the other day, and we got to play credit card roulette, and that was cool. Adrian Gonzalez, I go with him a lot, and I always ask him to let me pay but he never lets it happen. It's kind of awkward at times. He's done so much for me that I really want to pay – it would be nice to buy one breakfast or something.
- Kudos to the Indians. Via Ian Denomme at Big League Stew, "Report: Indians won’t trade Mike Aviles, whose daughter is battling leukemia."
- Here's a great interview Drake Witham at SportsNet LA.com with Robin Knight. She was previously cast as one of the ballplayers in "A League of Their Own" and currently works at Dodger Stadium on the Pitch F/X system and as a stats stringer. Check it out here.
Madonna and I were pals during the shoot ... great ensemble. Mo, that’s what I called her, was one of the hardest working people. She did not want anyone doing her baseball stuff for her, Geena was the same way. Plus they worked their butts off on any down time, a small group of us would go out and practice practice practice. I teased her that she played baseball like a dancer and she picked on me when we had to do the jitterbug. She said, “yeah, well you dance like a baseball player.” We both learned.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *