Justin Turner and the Dodgers had a grand ol' time in Arizona yesterday. Turner recorded two hits and an RBI while the Dodgers won their second game of the three game series to drop their "Magic Number" to 13. Best yet, Zach Greinke continued to build on his Cy Young bonifides by pitching eight shut out innings. Via Steve Gilbert and Ken Gurnick at MLB.com:
"They're an aggressive team and Zack just teases you with borderline pitches and that's why he gets so many ground balls against left-handed hitters," said catcher A.J. Ellis, who homered for the eventual decisive run. "Zack executes so well on the bottom half of the zone."Photo above of Justin Turner goofing on DBacks mascot Baxter via SportsNet LA on twitter. Below are more links to check out:
- Via Barry M. Bloom at MLB.com, "Improved Greinke is having all-time great season."
"I'm a better pitcher now," Greinke said. "I used to try and strike everybody out. Now I just try to make a good pitch. And then when I throw the next one, I try to make a better pitch."
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Rollins will get shortstop job back upon return."
Via Don Mattingly: "I don't know what the chatter is with Corey and that position, but he's going to be really good. At this point, where we're at, we don't plan … Andrew and the front office hasn't come to me and said, put him in there every day. The plan has always been to give Jimmy days and J.T. days. He's played more than we thought because of injuries and done a good job."
- Via Mark Saxon at ESPN, "Corey Seager continues to impress."
“When you’re going good, you’re always confident. That comes with it,” Seager said. “You’re relaxed, everything’s clicking. It’s been a good run so far, so I’m going to try to keep that rolling.”
- ICYMI: Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Dodgers deal Minor Leaguer Barney to Jays." In return, the Dodgers receive minor league catcher Jack Murphy, via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA.
- Alex Cora at the Sons of Steve Garvey ran at the annual Dodgers 5K / 10K / Kids Run this past weekend and shares a bunch of pics. Check it out here.
- Mat Latos will now work out of the bullpen as a long reliever, via Ken Gurnick on twitter:
Mat Latos now long reliever, Mattingly said.— Ken Gurnick (@kengurnick) September 13, 2015
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *