Check out this fantastic photo of just a small part of the Mitch Poole bobblehead collection found in the Dodger clubhouse, via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2015.
Below are more links to check out:
- Via Hillel Kuttler at Haaretz, "Why Sandy Koufax's Refusal to Pitch on Yom Kippur Still Matters."
“The reason the Sandy Koufax example works so well is that baseball is very much a part of American culture and he is Jewish,” Benjamin said. “At some point he had to make a choice.
“So some guy stayed home from work and it was Yom Kippur – he’s not the only one, but he’s a public figure,” she added. “Still today, that example is relevant, it works and it has impact.”
- Via Anthony Witrado at ESPN, "Justin Turner's status unknown due to sore left knee."
"We'll watch [Turner] over the next few days to see how he does," said Mattingly, who said on Saturday that Turner has been dealing with knee issues for a couple of years. "I don't think it's anything totally new. It just flared up. We'll be cautious with him."
- Via Robert Morales at Inside the Dodgers, "No. 1 draft choice Walker Buehler talks Tommy John surgery."
|(Buehler w/ Hershiser, via @Dodgers)|
“I’m a little bit more than six weeks out from surgery, so I’ve been in Arizona five of those six weeks,” said Buehler, a right-hander who played his college ball at Vanderbilt. “Things went well, according to plan. Feel good.”
- Via Dodgers Nation, "Don Mattingly Says Chris Hatcher Has Earned 8th Inning Role."
“He seems really confident and he’s having success,” said Mattingly. “I think his confidence is growing. One thing we have seen since he’s been back from the injury is he’s piecing his pitches together differently. His mix is different, he’s learned a little bit about using his pitches.”
- Via Steve Bourbon at MLB.com, "Hernandez making strides in hamstring rehab."
"Kiké is doing better than anybody on that trail," Mattingly said. "He's been running at almost 100 percent, not feeling anything. He's been doing really well."
Mattingly also added an update on Yasiel Puig:
"Yasiel is like 65 percent, so it's a little bit of a different story," Mattingly said. "His right hamstring is good, the left hamstring is tight."
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *