Dodger alumni Eric Karros and Ron Cey spent yesterday afternoon hanging out with some young patients at Cedars Sinai Medical Center. As you can see they brought gifts, smiles and some needed encouragement.
Photo above via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2015. Go here to see more pics from Jon. Below are more links to check out:
- Via Daniel Starkand at Dodger Blue, "Kenley Jansen Calls Don Mattingly’s Departure ‘Bittersweet’"
“For me, Donnie was always good. He understood as a person who I am and he always helped keep me positive. That’s one big thing I had with him. I always could be myself with Donnie. I understand the organization’s decision. I understand for Donnie, too. I’m happy for him that he’s with Miami now.”
Jansen said he and Mattingly had a long discussion, and added the need to push forward. “We’re still here for one thing and that’s to win a championship. I’m pretty confident in what Andrew and Farhan are doing,” he said.
- Oh, My! Via Craig Calcaterra at Hardball Talk, "Andy Van Slyke is spreading Yasiel Puig-related gossip." Apparently, a certain high-paid player went to management to suggest that a certain Cuban outfielder needs to go.
If this isn’t true and if Van Slyke is just trying to sound wise he probably owes an apology to Kershaw. If it is true, and Kershaw is telling the front office that Puig needs to go, it’s gonna make life a lot of fun for the Dodgers’ next manager. Because Puig, whatever else you can say about him for bad and for good, is not in a great place to be traded right now, coming off of an injury–plagued season.
- Dodgers Night at the Clippers game has been scheduled for Monday, November 30th. Get your tickets here. Use the promo code "Dodgers" for a ticket and limited edition Dodgers/Clippers t-shirt. I am unsure if any players will be at the game.
- Via Anthony Irwin at Dodgers Nation, "Dodgers News: Grandal Says He’s “Ahead of Schedule”
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Honeycutt: Greinke can be like Maddux."
"You've seen him each year we've had him, and each year he gets better as the season goes on," Honeycutt said of Greinke. "He's in great shape, he adds and subtracts to his pitches when he wants to. He can continue to pitch just like Maddux into his 40s. He has that ability, because he has the pitches already and makes the adjustments with the pitches he has.
"There's no doubt in my mind he can go as long as he wants to go. For five years, I don't see him having any issues after being with him the last three years. He's very intelligent, he takes care of himself. A lot of guys have talent, but you have to have the smarts to go with it, and he certainly has that. He's got a lot of game."
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *