Nuthin' But A "Ryu" Thang
On Saturday was Adrian Gonzalez's first annual Bat 4 Hope Celebrity Softball Game at Dodger Stadium and a good number of Dodgers' were on-hand to lend a hand; including rehabbing pitcher Hyun-Jin Ryu. Although he didn't play on the field Ryu did come out with the baddest hoodie ever. Check it out in the photo above, via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2015.
That is bitchin'!
As for the event Adrian had this to say, via Cary Osborne at Dodger Insider:
“This is just fun. … We’re excited about it, and it’s a great opportunity to raise some awareness and raise some funds.”BTW, he also commented briefly about some of the Dodger changes.
“I think I always look at it from a standpoint that when we show up at Spring Training, we’ll know who we have,” Gonzalez said. “Right now, there’s no point at looking at the team. Zack might be back. We might have other people back. The only thing that will be different is the manager at this point. Other than that a lot of the things will be the same.”Go here to check out a bunch of pics from Jon from the softball event. Below are more links to check out:
- Via Lyle Spencer at MLB.com, "Scully recalls college days while accepting honor." He received the George H.W. Bush Distinguished Alumnus Award from the National College Baseball Hall of Fame.
"One of my most memorable games was when we played Yale in 1947. I'd never been to Yale, and it was a thrilling day, a great game. It gave me a taste of what the big leagues were like, with the grandstand, public address system, scorecards, an enthusiastic crowd.
"It was 1-1 in the bottom of the eighth when their shortstop [Art Moher] hit a home run with a man aboard, and we lost, 3-1. Their first baseman was George Herbert Walker Bush. Wonderful, lovely man, politics aside. Terribly bright."
- Per Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, the Dodgers will interview Cubs bench coach Dave Martinez.
- Via Eric Avakian at Dodger Blue, "Clayton Kershaw Reflects On Postseason, Talks Being A Perfectionist."
“At least I didn’t end the season again, that was better. It felt good for about 24 hours, until we lost the next game. Losing is losing and obviously that is no fun.”
- Via Cary Osborne at Dodger Insider, "Pederson on what went wrong and making things right."
“I could have told you everyone knew they were going to throw hard fastballs in (to me). It’s not a secret. That’s a pitch that they didn’t necessarily go away from. I didn’t show them I could hit it. And when I did hit it they had a shift on. It’s something at the start of the year I would take the balls and hit the strikes. But when I’m in a bad position, I wouldn’t hit that pitch. That’s the way it goes.”
- Via Ben Platt at MLB.com, "Monday honored by Marines for saving flag."
"This means a lot," said Monday, who attended the event with his wife Barbaralee. "Tonight is a special night. When I think back to when I was a Marine Corps recruit so many years ago, and you hear about the Marine Ball -- and to have it onboard the USS Hornet, the retired aircraft carrier that has had so much history of itself. Combine the history of the Hornet, the history of the Marines; it's the perfect matchup for the Marine Corps Ball."
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *