I can't get enough of these vintage Brooklyn Robins checkerboard flannel uniforms. They're fantastic. Featured above is an original International Film Service press photo of the two Robins/Dodgers backstops tasked with handling the pitchers during the 1916 World Series, as found on eBay. On the left is Otto Miller and on the right is John "Chief" Meyers. Best yet, there are a couple of gentlemanly chaps in the background with their own version of an early-20th century photobomb.
Below are more links to check out:
- Via Jeff Sullivan at FanGraphs, "One More Thing That Zack Greinke Does Well."
The real impressive thing about Greinke is how well-rounded he is. He’s an incredible pitcher, sure, and that’s what’s most important, but a part of that comes out of his preparation. He’s also just about unparalleled in terms of his focus, and his control over himself. He pairs his pitching stuff with his pitching intelligence. For a pitcher, he’s become a pretty good hitter, doing plenty to help his own case. And Greinke is an outstanding defender. I don’t think this counts as some sort of revelation — Greinke’s won back-to-back Gold Glove awards, and he’s won those for a reason. But we can go a little bit deeper. Greinke’s terrific in the field. It saves him several runs every year.
- Awkward! Considering that rumor about the Dodgers highest paid player (Kershaw) asking Dodger management to trade Puig this bit of news about an upcoming MLB tour in Cuba should be interesting, via a tweet from Tim Brown:
Clayton Kershaw and Yasiel Puig are among players expected to travel to Cuba for MLB/PA goodwill tour later this month.— Tim Brown (@TBrownYahoo) December 3, 2015
- Stealing Home at All Trade Bait, All the Time shares his bounty from a fellow card blogger; including a fantastic real-life fantasy Baseball card of Vin Scully.
- Tim Wallach has officially been announced as the Marlins new bench coach, via Ken Rosenthal on twitter:
#Marlins announce coaches: Bonds (hitting), Menechino (asst. hitting), Wallach (bench), Bundy (OF), L. Harris (3B), B. Schneider (catching).— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) December 4, 2015
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *