Both Hyun-Jin Ryu and Kenta Maeda reported to Camelback Ranch for "Catchers and Pitchers Day" in Glendale. Pic above via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2016 on @Dodgers twitter. Go here to check out more photos taken by Jon from the day.
BTW, Ryu's rehab appears to be on track. Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA:
Below are more links to check out:"It was coming out easy. The effort was low intensity. I asked how he felt today and he was pretty optimistic," (Dave) Roberts said. "Just a normal soreness kind of thing but pain free."We don’t want to put a timeline on anything. We just want him to continue to progress and pass the markers which he is doing."
- Eric Stephen at True Blue LA puts together a great report on the recently released Spring televised game schedule for the Dodgers, and concludes that things are greatly reduced.
SportsNet LA covered nearly every spring game in their first two years televising Dodgers games, missing out only on the occasional split squad games. But this year, only 13 will be televised by the network, including one game every Saturday and Sunday during the Cactus League schedule.
BTW, below is the schedule of televised Spring games, via Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider:
- For Opening Day against the Padres in San Diego on April 4th the Dodgers will face starter Tyson Ross, via Bernie Wilson (AP) on Yahoo Sports. James Shields and Andrew Cashner will follow.
''Tyson is ready and eager to take that ball on Day One, and we're excited to have him as our ace,'' new manager Andy Green said Friday. ''It's definitely an affirmation of who Tyson is and a belief in him and where he's headed. I think it's just the right choice as an organization.''
- The Dodgers join such illustrious sports clubs and organizations like Arsenal FC, AC Milan, Real Madrid, Rugby World Cup, US Open (tennis), Rogers Cup, and the Formula One Group to be sponsored by Emirates airlines. Via Jon Wesiman at Dodger Insider, "Dodgers’ global profile underscored by new deal with Emirates."
“Over the last year, we have become the most heavily attended sports venue in the world,” Kasten said. “But another important part of our history is the outreach we have had globally and internationally, and at a time when globalization is such an important thing for baseball.”
Dodger owner Peter Guber tied a nice bow around the new, multiyear partnership.
“The Dodgers provide emotional transportation for (their) fans, and of course Emirates provides physical transportation,” Guber said.
Included in the arrangement for Emirates will be sponsorship behind home plate and on the Dodger Stadium foul poles. In addition, Emirates will also appear on the stadium scoreboard to commemorate every Dodger home run.
- Juan Uribe is now an Indian, via Jordan Bastian at MLB.com.
- Some Grandal news via Ken Gurnick on twitter:
Yasmani Grandal's left shoulder has healed from surgery and he said he's under no limitations in camp.— Ken Gurnick (@kengurnick) February 19, 2016
- The Arizona Sun Devils Opening Day was last night. As a part of the festivities they retired the number of alumnus Andre Ethier, #14. They also gave out the below poster to fans in attendance, via @ASU_Baseball on twitter. BTW, they also retired the number of Dustin Pedroia, #2.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *