Check out this sample platter of some of the good-eats provided by Carl Crawford to his teammates yesterday afternoon, via a pic by Scott Kazmir on twitter. From what I understand, it was catered by Crawford's family restaurant in Houston called Burns Original BBQ. You can follow them on twitter here, or check out their Facebook page here.
Below are more links to check out:
- FYI: ESPN will be airing the spring game in Cuba between the Tampa Bay Rays and the Cuban National Team at 1:30 PM EST/10:30 AM PST. ESPN Deportes will also broadcast the game in Spanish, and it'll be live online at WatchESPN.
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Mike Bolsinger says oblique feels better, but Dodgers remain cautious."
"If I was a reliever I wouldn't be as worried. But being a starter you have to build up. If it's something I only have to wait a week, week and a half building myself back up won't be a big deal," Bolsinger said. "The last week and a half, If I get one start in, I think I'll be good to go."
- No real surprises here. The Dodgers made more cuts in Spring Training, via a tweet by the Dodgers. Of note, Cody Bellinger really impressed, and looks to be our first baseman of the future. BTW, that's still a couple years away.:
Today, the #Dodgers reassigned INF Brandon Hicks, C Shawn Zarraga, OF Corey Brown and INF/OF Cody Bellinger to minor league camp.— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) March 21, 2016
- Kenta Maeda continues to impress -- not necessarily with his stuff, but his smarts. Via Doug Padilla at ESPN:
“He has high acumen; his pitchability is off the charts,” Roberts said. “You know what was encouraging was that he shook (off the pitch selection) a couple of times just to get to a certain pitch. You saw him get into the at-bat and saw hitters swing by making the in-at-bat adjustment."
- Via Phil Rogers at MLB.com: "Brother drives Pederson to give his all."
"You know that he and other people with Down syndrome would do anything to just have a normal day where they could go out there and play," Pederson said. "You can never take this for granted. He's an everyday reminder of how fortunate I am, how blessed I am to play a game every day."
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *