On this #NationalPuppyDay Dodgers super-utility man Kiké Hernandez recently shared a pic of his new puppy named Arizona Hernandez. Photo above via Kiké's twitter. BTW, Arizona has his very own Instagram account. Check it out here: azhndezminigoldendoodle.
Below are more links to check out:
- Dodgers injuries continue to mount. Yesterday we find out that Andre Ethier will be out for up to three months, via Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider: "Andre Ethier to miss 10-14 weeks with fracture." Then word spread that the recently crowned #5 starter Mike Bolsinger would now not be ready for the start of the season, via a tweet from Andy McCullough. Fortunately, we have someone waiting in the wings. This provides an opening for Zach Lee to make the rotation out of Spring Training. Furthermore, now there are worries that Yasmani Grandal is hurting, via another Andy McCullough tweet:
Yasmani Grandal is going to get tests on his forearm. Dave Roberts said his continued discomfort is "disconcerting."— Andy McCullough (@McCulloughTimes) March 22, 2016
- Via Tom Ley at Deadspin, "Clayton Kershaw Posed For Pictures With The People Who Rear-Ended Him." I guess this is one way to get an autograph. Ha!
- Also from Deadspin, "L.A. Dodgers Stadium Bat Burglars Busted ... Caught on Video."
Gunderson and crew knew they were probably dealing with a security guard. So they overrode the automatic light switch and waited.
Sure enough, 6 days later, at 3:07 AM, 2 masked men entered the clubhouse -- one wearing a ski mask and the other a nylon stocking. The light stayed on, and the cameras captured the men pilfering baseball bats, a pair of shoes, Dodgers jackets, hats and a box of baseballs.
On a side note, I had been offered game-used items from the Dodgers several years ago, but declined at the time. It was for an Yasiel Puig game bat and jersey. In fact, the claim was that it was a bat from his very first game as a Dodger, and included an MLB authentication sticker as proof. I wonder if that offer came from these alleged thieves. Although, considering the MLB sticker I have to think not.
- I want this to happen so badly. Justin Turner and Chris Hatcher had a fun exchange on twitter yesterday afternoon regarding the Tuner Chia Pet promotion this upcoming season. Turner mentioned that he might have to color his beard for that game, while Hatcher dares him:
Kenta Maeda wants to have a bidet in the toilet at #Dodger Stadium. He asked the club to install it 2 days ago. pic.twitter.com/2AldURIu5l— Joseph Kim (@blackwings2011) March 21, 2016
- Harold Uhlman at Think Blue LA introduces us to a new Dodgers minor league manager; "Meet Shaun Larkin – 2016 Ogden Raptors Manager."
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *