Joc Pederson continues to delight the fans as he signs autographs for eager fans along the 3rd base line in yesterdays game. Pic via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2016. Go here to check out more pics taken by Jon from the day.
Below are more links to check out:
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Crawford told he'll back up Ethier in left field."
"They told me there will be a lot of at-bats for me, but 'Dre starts, and he's earned it," said Crawford, who went 2-for-3 with a triple and two RBIs in Sunday's 5-2 win over the Giants.
- Not really unexpected. Via ESPN, "MLB saves Chase Utley from slide suspension." He will not have to serve that two-game suspension levied last year.
- Via Doug Padilla at ESPN, "Hyun-Jin Ryu's downtime still not considered a setback."
“The staff had a built-in, kind of a back-off period where they could just kind of back off and pick it up again,” (Dave) Roberts said. “But there is no date when he will start throwing again. But I have asked them, and it’s definitely not a setback; it’s kind of built in with his rehab.”
- Time to jump on the Lee Train? Via Doug Padilla at ESPN, "Dodgers' Zach Lee makes solid opening argument."
“I don’t think he has one wipe-out pitch that might wow you,” Roberts said. “But when his command is good, when he’s down in the zone and working the cutter, the change and the sinker, changing eye levels with the fastball up, there’s some things he can do. When Zach’s right, he gets major league hitters out.”
- ICYMI: Frankie Montas has resumed throwing, via a tweet from Ken Gurnick:
RHP Frankie Montas, who had rib surgery before camp opened, has resumed throwing.— Ken Gurnick (@kengurnick) March 5, 2016
- UCLA unveiled a new Jackie Robinson statue on their campus this past Saturday. Check it out below via a tweet from the LAist:
UCLA Honors Jackie Robinson With Bronze '42' Statuehttps://t.co/bYR4CMPJfi pic.twitter.com/a9Ny6lD80F— LAist (@LAist) March 6, 2016
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *