Just a friendly reminder, the Vin Scully Avenue dedication ceremony is today. It all begins at 11:15 AM at the main entrance to Dodger Stadium. Go here for information. Pic above via a screengrab from a tweet by KTLA reporter Eric Spillman. As you can see, they have already started changing the signs.
Below are more links to check out:
- Via Doug Padilla at ESPN, "Stripling family respects Dave Roberts' decision."
"One of the cool things that I experienced this morning was Ross' dad was down in the lobby today and just sought me out," Roberts said "He came up to me and, really kind of emotional, just thanked me for him and his wife for looking out for his son."
When you meet Ross Stripling you see a kid with a good head on his shoulders. When you hear a story like this it becomes clear where it came from.
"When you have a father and a mother who know their kid's story and what he's endured to get here, they enjoy that moment more than anyone," Roberts said. "For him to say thank you for taking care of my son's future, and our family, and I'll have him and his mom's support forever . For me, I felt good about it regardless but to get the parent's stamp of approval is always a good thing."
- This is getting ridiculous. Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Carlos Frias lands on Triple-A DL with oblique injury."
- BTW, with Carl Crawford going on the 15-day DL the Dodgers call up outfielder Micah Johnson to take his place on the roster.
- Via Jesse Washington at ESPN, "Jackie Robinson's contracts with Brooklyn Dodgers, Montreal Royals set for display."
A Brooklyn historian acquired the Montreal Royals and Brooklyn Dodgers contracts, perhaps from Robinson himself, more than 50 years ago. When that historian died, his estate sold the contracts to a New York City collector of sports documents. The collector sold the contracts to Kontilai's company in 2013, shortly before his death. Kontilai said in the interview that neither of the previous owners wanted to be publicly identified and declined to share any information about them.
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Sean Burnett reportedly signs minor league deal with Dodgers." Just more depth for the bullpen.
- And now some outfield depth. Via Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider, "Dodgers acquire Walters, Ramsey from Indians."
- Blowout Buzz shares some preview pics from Topps 2016 High Tek Baseball card set; including the below Corey Seager and Clayton Kershaw cards below. Go here to see more. BTW, this set comes out on Oct. 12th.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *