Tonight is Game 1 of the NLCS at 5:08 PM. Be there or be square.
BTW, the Dodgers just announced their updated roster for the series and it includes two changes. Utility infielder Kiké Hernandez and pitcher Alex Wood have been added. Charlie Culberson and Austin Barnes are off. Below is a graphic of the team, via the Dodgers on twitter. You can check out the Cubs roster here.
Photo at the very top via the Dodgers on twitter. Below are more links to check out:
- This Day in Dodgers History: In 1988 Kirk Gibson hit his legendary walk-off home run off of Dennis Eckersley of the A's to win Game 1 of the World Series. This happening spawned Vin Scully to utter these immortal words; "In a year that has been so improbable, the impossible has happened." Go here to watch and listen to it.
- Video: Dave Roberts addresses the media ahead of the Dodgers Game 1 matchup with the Chicago Cubs. (Link Here)
- Video: Hear from Kenta Maeda 24 hours before starting Game 1 of the NLCS against the Chicago Cubs. (Link Here)
- Video: Hear from Dave Roberts after the Dodgers NLDS Game 5 win over the Washington Nationals on Thursday night. (Link Here)
- Video: Alanna Rizzo speaks with Justin Turner after the Dodgers 4-3 win over the Nationals in Game 5 of the NLDS. (Link Here)
- Video: Alanna Rizzo speaks with Kenley Jansen after the Dodgers 4-3 win over the Washington Nationals in Game 5 of the NLDS. (Link Here)
- Video: Alanna Rizzo speaks with Corey Seager after the Dodgers Game 5 win over the Nationals in the NLDS. (Link Here)
- Video: Hear from Clayton Kershaw after closing out Game 5 of the NLDS. (Link Here)
- It's nice that the Dodgers had Tommy on their minds, via a tweet from Ross Newhan.
Several celebrating Dodgers called ailing Lasorda in hospital to share the moment. Very classy.— Ross Newhan (@RossNewhan1) October 14, 2016
- Via Manny Randhawa at MLB.com; "Maeda for Game 1; Kershaw on track for G2."
Dodgers right-hander Kenta Maeda will start against the Cubs in Game 1 of the National League Championship Series at Wrigley Field on Saturday at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT on FS1. Manager Dave Roberts implied that ace Clayton Kershaw would likely start Game 2 on Sunday.
Maeda's counterpart will be left-hander Jon Lester, who tossed eight scoreless innings against the Giants in Game 1 of the NL Division Series.
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com; "Kershaw shifts focus to Game 2 start: Dodgers ace turns page on NLDS save appearance, ready for Cubs."
"It's cool if we win this series and win the next series, and if we don't, I guess it is kind of cool, but people will forget about it kind of fast," he said. "If you don't win the World Series -- that's really the ultimate and it makes all of this worth it. All the things you do leading up to that are significant at the time, but if you lose the last game of the season the significance is lost for sure."
- Via Adam McCalvy at MLB.com; "Old bullpen rules tossed out this postseason: Closers not restricted to three outs when everything is on line."
"In theory, it's phenomenal and it's really not outside the box -- it really makes sense," Roberts said of his early call to Jansen. "But it's more of trying to -- and communicating with players to understand, to buy-in to accepting whatever situation is presented to them for that particular game. I think that, for me, that's something that I tried to communicate with our relief pitchers since day one of Spring Training. Fortunately, we have got such an unselfish group that the buy-in was there, and for us it's worked out."
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *