Dodger Stadium now has a new attraction to draw you in this winter. Starting today and most weekends til early March is a pop-up museum highlighting Dodger history through memorabilia from the National Baseball Hall of Fame, the renowned collection of Gary Cypres and the Dodgers own archives. Go here for more information. Admission is $10 per person.
In the photo above, via @Dodgers on twitter, Steve Garvey is shown holding up the uniform of his boyhood idol, Gil Hodges. Below are more links to check out:
- This Day in Dodgers History: In 1981 Fernando Valenzuela is named the NL Rookie of the Year. He becomes the third consecutive Dodger to win the award -- following Steve Howe (1980) and Rick Sutcliffe (1979).
- Happy Birthday, Chip Hale & Peter Moylan!
- Via Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider; "Dodgers sign Hatcher, Van Slyke for 2017."
- Jon Heyman also passed along the news that the Dodgers have signed Charlie Culberson for next season, via his twitter:
Charlie culberson settles at 550K #dodgers— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) December 1, 2016
- Even when knocked down it's important to keep looking forward and work hard. Via Ron Cervenka at Think Blue LA; "Lindsey Caughel teaches us a lesson in perseverance: After being released by Dodgers, right-hander earns another opportunity to make it to The Show."
- I thoroughly enjoyed this. Via Yakyu Night Owl; "As Seen On TV." He/She takes a close look at the Mr. Ed television show that featured the Los Angeles Dodgers, and compares and contrasts it with actual events.
- Via Cary Osborne at Dodger Insider; "Micah Johnson colors outside the lines."
“As a human, you have so many aspects of your life,” Johnson said. “I try and find as many passions as I can. If I’m not passionate about something, I don’t do it. I’m passionate about art, and I’m passionate about baseball and music.”
However, it’s art that has grabbed his soul and done so quickly.
- Manny ain't done yet. Via Fan Interference; "Kochi Fighting Dogs negotiating a deal with Manny Ramirez."
- Do you remember that supposed million dollar find of cards discovered in an abandoned plant in Detroit? Well, Patrick McNamara at the Daily Detroit provides some answers about how is got there; "Meet The Man Behind The Million Dollar Detroit Baseball Card Mystery."
- Watch Mark McGwire talk about wanting to face Clayton Kershaw in his prime with Dan Patrick:
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *