This will soon be a daily activity at Camelback Ranch. Featured above is a vintage UPI press photo of veteran reliever Roger Craig (yes, the former Giants manager) getting some work inside a batting cage at Vero Beach, dated February 23, 1961 (eBay Auction Link). Per the descriptor on the reverse:
Roger Craig of the Los Angeles Dodgers lays down a bunt during batting practice at Dodgertown in Vero Beach, Fla. Keeping a watchful eye on the batters is Leo Durocher, standing behind the batting cage.Can you already imagine the sight, sounds and smell of the game? I can, and I couldn't be more happier. Below are more links to check out:
- Happy Birthday, Kit McKenna, Randy Jackson, Jack Fimple, Hiroki Kuroda, Cesar Izturis & Luis Cruz!
- Video: Orel Hershiser talks about how he will be helping the Dodgers this spring, his expectations for the upcoming season and more. (Video Link)
- Via Ron Cervenka at Think Blue LA; "WBC at Dodger Stadium would have special meaning for Romo and AGon."
“For me it was always a childhood dream playing at Dodger Stadium, period. You know, have Vin Scully say your name and all that good stuff,” Romo said. “But to be able to play on the world stage – represent Mexico, represent my family – it would mean a lot to me. I think it would be a special event not just for myself but for all those Mexicans and Mexican-Americans that are in the area. I think these colleagues of mine can agree and feel the same way, that it would be a tremendous honor to be able to play and win in front of your hometown so to speak.”
- Via Daniel Mano at The Newcury News; "Sergio Romo rebukes comparison to Brian Wilson after joining Dodgers."
“No lie, I am not (Brian) Willson, nor did I leave with a sour taste in my mouth about anything, even though I am no longer needed there,” Romo reportedly texted McCaffrey, better known as Paulie Mac. “I know what I was a part of and I left my heart out there whenever I got the ball no matter who it was against.
- Via Adam Studzinski at WJBC; "Dodgers’ Stewart delivers pitch to Miracle League players in Bloomington."
Stewart, whose uncle helped found the Central Illinois chapter of the league, was able to meet with Miracle League players and families in Bloomington.
“I’ve actually worked with the Miracle League. I was one of the Miracle League Buddies, as they call it,” said Stewart. “We went to the Pony League complex once with my teammates at ISU, and then the Miracle League actually came to our field at ISU and played a few games.
“It’s just a blast to see the smiles on the kid’s faces and kind of give back to them.”
- This is interesting. According to Yahoo reporter Roberto Espinoza on twitter, the Dodgers will be playing a regular season game in 2018 in Monterrey, Mexico.
Los @Dodgers jugarán en 2018 una serie de temporada regular en Monterrey, así lo adelanta Marco Almaraz de @CANCHAELNORTE— Roberto Espinoza (@Beisbolpuro) February 9, 2017
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *