The Dodgers 2017 yearbook is now available, and it features both Dave Roberts and Corey Seager on the cover. Go here to order online. Also, limited quantities will be available at Camelback Ranch.
As for current spring activities, the Dodgers held their third full-squad workout yesterday. Julio Urías, Adam Liberatore, Grant Dayton, Josh Sborz and Yaisel Sierra all threw their first live bullpens. Scott Kazmir and Hyun-Jin Ryu are throwing live bullpens today. BTW, Cactus League play begins tomorrow with the Dodgers playing the White Sox at Camelback Ranch -- starting at 1:05 PM and will be aired on SNLA. Clayton Kershaw and Alex Wood are scheduled to pitch in the game.
|(Kenley Jansen, pic via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2017)|
Go here to check out a bunch of pics taken by Dodger photographer Jon SooHoo from yesterday. Below are more links to check out:
- Thia Day in Dodger History: In 1940 the Dodgers got soon-to-be fan favorite and Brooklyn mainstay Pee Wee Reese from the Red Sox for some players to be named later (none of whom amounted to much), $35k in cash and a rusty bus (just kidding). In 2001 the Dodgers traded Devon White to the Brewers for Marquis Grissom.
- Happy Birthday, Nancy Bea Hefley, Con Lucid, Fred Sington, Gary Moore, Eddie Murray & Miguel Rojas!
- YouTube: Claudia Gestro of the LA PostExaminer Interviews Sergio Romo. (link here)
- Via Eno Harris at FanGraphs; "How Would You Comp Yasiel Puig?"
- Via Fabian Ardaya at MLB.com; "Baseball bonds Kiké and dad from early age."
"At the beginning, it was a hassle for me," he said. "I kind of felt obligated because I didn't know how to say no to my dad. After that, we created a habit, and I was really looking forward to it every day. I couldn't wait to get out of school and bond with my dad."
|(pic via Quintana Roo Tigres)|
- Per Eric Gomez at ESPN; "Fernando Valenzuela adds team owner to list of accomplishments."
"Baseball has been everything to me," Valenzuela said after the deal was announced. "[As] a businessman, I now have the opportunity to remain [in baseball] with a club that has great tradition and fans that have identified with it."
- Per The Eastsider; "Man pleads in Dodger Stadium assault."
“On Oct. 9, 2015, a group was confronted by Papayans’ mother as they were heading to their car following a Dodgers-Mets playoff game. She yelled epithets shortly before Papayans joined in a verbal dispute with the group. Papayans then punched a 50-year-old man in the head, knocking him unconscious. As the victim fell to the ground, he hit his head on the pavement, causing him to sustain serious head injuries.”
- With apologies to the Daily Show, below is your moment of Baseball zen:
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *