USA! USA! USA!
The Finals is tonight. Don't miss it. You can watch it on the MLB network starting at 6:00 PM. I am sure tickets for the game are still available. They will be facing Puerto Rico -- which is actually a US territory. So, in a way, we've already won.
BTW, they debut a couple of Extreme Loaded Dogs at the stadium last night -- one for each team. On the above left is the Japan Dog and on its right is the American Dog. Which do you prefer?
Photo at the very top via @Dodgers on twitter. Below are more links to check out:
- This Day in Dodgers History: In 1962 a former Giant who still remains anonymous revealed that the Giants had help during the 1951 playoffs against the Dodgers (this is the series where Bobby Thompson hit that infamous homer). They had a sign-stealing clubhouse spy at their home field.
- Happy Birthday, Bill McClellan, Overton Tremper, Ramon Martinez & Juan Uribe!
- Via AP; "Memorial service set for father of Dodgers manager Dave Roberts."
- Video: Alanna Rizzo speaks with Hyun-Jin Ryu after pitching four scoreless innings on Tuesday. (Video Link)
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA; "Hyun-jin Ryu looking like his old self."
"For me, it was seeing the life in the zone, seeing the swings. Guys weren't getting good swings off him, and they were late. He was burying the change, and the breaking ball was striking,” Roberts said. “Everything he wanted to do today, he was able to do.”
- Via Craig Calcaterra at NBC Sports; "A guy asked all 30 teams why he should root for them. Seven responded." As you might have guessed the Dodgers were one of the seven. Go here for the original Reddit post.
The Dodgers sent the guy swag. Have to say, buying fandom is a bit too on-brand for the Dodgers, but all teams should go with their strengths.
- Sport Illustrated calls it for the Dodgers; "Sport Illustrated MLB preview: Dodgers will beat Indians in the World Series." Check out their prediction for the upcoming season here.
- Moving on up! Via Rebecca Sun at The Hollywood Reporter; "Joe Davis, Vin Scully's Dodgers Successor, Signs With CAA (Exclusive)."
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA; "Rob Segedin continues to make an impression."
"I changed my swing path this offseason, trying to be a little more linear, and be able to still square up balls when my timing is off,” Segedin said. “At the beginning it was on and off, and there was a lot of tinkering. I'm at a point now where I'm pretty comfortable with it, and I know what I need to do moving forward.”
"Last year he had trouble with the ball on the inner half of the plate when he got to us,” manager Dave Roberts said. “He's cleaned that up.”
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com; "McCarthy not satisfied by winning rotation job."
"If I felt that was a significant achievement, I'm aiming too low," said McCarthy. "Twelve years in, winning a spot is not where my focus is. It's making 33 starts and the postseason. It's doing everything I need to do as a solid Major League starter. Winning a rotation spot is step one. I came to spring this year with the attitude of doing everything every day to be ready for the start of the season, wherever it is."
- The game is for everyone. Via Fares Akram at the Washington Post; "Palestinian women try to bring baseball to Gaza."
Tafesh said he found just one baseball glove in all of Gaza, at the Sports Ministry building, and took it to local tailors who used it to make replicas out of black fabric.
With no proper bats in the territory, the team took a piece of wood and shaped it to look like one.
While seeking funding and real equipment, the women dream of eventually competing abroad.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *