Adrian Gonzalez got into his first spring game yesterday and celebrated the occasion by sharing a comic strip featuring himself with Dave Roberts and Justin Turner (see it above). Batting fourth, Gonzalez grounded out to second base in the first inning and hit a fly-out to left in the fourth. Per Owen Perkins at MLB.com:
"My swing's fine," Gonzalez said. "I was just trying to get a few at-bats before I head out, and today was a good start. They weren't that great of at-bats, but they were productive, I guess. The fact that everything feels good is all that really matters right now."Comic graphic above via Adrian Gonzalez on twitter. Below are more links to check out:
- Happy Birthday, Doc Scanlan, Dan Griner, Merwin Jacobson, Dick Loftus, Joe Gallagher & Jeff Kent!
- Audio: Listen to Robert Pinsky at The New Yorker read his poem called, "Branca." (Audio Link)
- Audio: Cody Bellinger joined Petros and Money on Monday to discuss playing in the outfield, learning from Adrian Gonzalez and more. (Audio Link)
- Video: Adrian Gonzalez talks about his right elbow after Spring Training debut on Monday. (Video Link)
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA; "Scott Kazmir leaves start with tightness in his left hip."
- Video: Scott Kazmir speaks to Alanna Rizzo after leaving the game with hip tightness. (Video Link)
- Eric Stephen at True Blue LA also adds that; "Hyun-jin Ryu to make 2017 Cactus League debut on Saturday vs. Angels."
- Per Jim Callis at MLB.com; "Q&A: 5 questions with Walker Buehler."
MLBPipeline.com: Do you have any goals this season in terms of how many innings you'd like to pitch and how far you'd like to advance?
Buehler: The organization has some thoughts on how to go about it. They know how to handle young guys. Look at how they handled Julio Urias -- I'm not putting myself in the same breath with him -- but it shows they know how to handle young guys and they're disciplined enough to keep limits on guys. The season should be good. I hope to prove people right. It's time to go out and do so.
- A picture of the first Dodger giveaway has just been unveiled. It is a Dodgers Phone Charger and it will be given to fans on Tuesday, April 4th against the Padres. Check out a pic of it on the right. Go here for the promotion schedule.
- Do you remember that Ron Cey/Fleetwood Mac lamp I wrote about a few weeks ago? (link here) Well, famed Dodger-card-blogger and the biggest Ron Cey super-collector I know, Night Owl Cards, now has it at home. It is more glorious than I imagined. Check out his blog post that tells you all about it. (Link Here)
- Per Mark Newman at MLB.com; "Museum part of big year for Robinson's legacy: Foundation receives $6.5M gift to clear way for construction."
"The Jackie Robinson Museum is important because it's my mom's last big thing that she wanted to achieve, and we feel like we're going to be ready to start building relatively soon," said Sharon Robinson, Jackie's daughter and MLB's educational programming consultant and author. "We've been planning this for many years, these things take a long time, and we still have a lot more fundraising to continue to do. But it will sort of give us another branch to the Foundation, and a way to reach the young people and engage them in conversation about life and social change and ongoing issues that we are all having to deal with."
The museum will be near the Holland Tunnel in Manhattan and it is hoped that construction will be completed by 2019.
- Sorry ladies. Joc Pederson is now officially taken, via his instagram. Congrats!:
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *