- A Must Read: Harball Times writer Alex Eisenberg does a full analysis on Clayton Kershaw. (Hat Tip: Dodger Thoughts)
After running through Kershaw's mechanics, injury risk, overall stuff and numbers, we can now answer the question: Is Clayton Kershaw worth the hype? The answer is yes...for the most part. Kershaw has a couple of red flags, but pitchers who seem to have a good head on their shoulders, have an athletic build, possess two pitches that rate as plus to plus-plus and display clean mechanics are of a rare breed.
- Perry Lee Barber, a female professional umpire, has a blog and recently wrote a wonderful Mothers Day tribute. (Hat Tip: LoveMyTeam.com)
- Erin at Beantown West is holding the Dodgers feet to the fire as she works on the making sure the Dodgers keep to their promise of staying green.
- There sure are a whole bunch of these "Top 10" type of list on the internet. Here are a few I ran into recently. Top 10 Booties in Beach Volleyball. Top 12 Baseball Traditions That Should be Revived. Top 14 Tailgaters Who Annoy the Crap Out of You.
- Dodger fans crack me up sometimes. Below is a video of Houston Astros slugger Carlos Lee conducting the bleacher seat fans while they serenade him. Hilarious.
YouTube Link: pupkin12:
- Minnesota Twins reliever Pat Neshek is a Baseball card collector and has a website promoting his love of the hobby. He shares some tips about getting autos from other Major League athletes. Unfortunately, Pat recently received some bad news about a torn ligament in his elbow.
- The Dodger blogroll just keeps getting larger. Say hello to Dodgers Homeplate.
- This is just great. Check it out.
MUTO a wall-painted animation by BLU from blu on Vimeo.
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Blog Kiosk 5/18/08
I refuse to write anything about a recently indicted former Giant.