- Check out this bat twirling bear. Video here. (Hat Tip: ShysterBall)
- This is the best stadium give-away ever. The Saint Paul Saints will be giving away a limited edition "Bobble-Feet" at today's game featuring one of the funniest stories to come out of Minnesota last year. Senator Larry Craig will be forever enshrined in Baseball lore.
A Saints press release notes that, "It doesn't matter if your tapping style is done with a 'wide stance.'"(Hat Tip: Atrios) Update: The Larry Craig bobblefeets are already selling for big bucks on eBay.
- Terry Tiffee instead of Andy LaRoche? Rob of 6-4-2 says it ain't right. On the other hand, MSTI takes credit for starting a Free Terry Tiffee campaign.
- Erin of Beantown West was in Chicago to take in a White Sox game and ran into Carlton Fisk Night.
- Just when you've heard everything. A minor leaguer was traded for a bunch of bats.
For now, Odom is headed to the Laredo Broncos of the United League. They got him Tuesday from the Calgary Vipers of the Golden Baseball League for a most unlikely price: 10 Prairie Sticks Maple Bats, double-dipped black, 34-inch, C243 style.(Hat Tip: Baseball Card Blog)
- Orel talks poker and Baseball.
A lot of the skills are transferable; the preparation, the ability to control your emotions, the ability to understand when the moment is, the ability not to make a snap decision, the ability to understand limping or pitching around a guy, and the ability to fold and intentionally walk somebody. Going after a guy because that is the only thing you can do, because runners are at second and third and you only have a one-run lead, and the blinds are up to 4,000 and you only have 16,000 in chips; you know, I’ve got to go with my best pitch, I’ve got to all in — those kind of comparisons.(Hat Tip: Dodgerfan)
- Just another gimmick card. Topps Bowman has a new insert set featuring autographed cards of 20 Major League scouts, including a mystery scout who would rather remain anonymous.
Sunday, May 25, 2008
Weekly Blog Kiosk 5/25/2008
Let's win one for the kid.