- I sometime get emails.
I thought I would pass this along to you; it is a site that has some rather interesting Brooklyn Dodger broadcasts. Vintage Sportscasts at OTR.Network (Old Time Radio). My favorite is the June 4, 1957 Cubs/Dodgers game called by Vin and Jerry Doggett.- Stan from Washington
- Upper Deck can't keep out of politics as they put out a second series of Presidential Predictor cards and purposely create a scarcity. They call it for Obama as a second version of the above card was hand pulled from the assembly line featuring Obama lifting Hillary.
“We had the version of Obama lifting Clinton pulled as it became clear Barack would be the victor,” said Jason Masherah, Baseball Brand manager for Upper Deck in a statement. “Pulling these cards is a process done by hand so it is very possible some of these cards may make their way into packs. Those cards are considered an error version.”(Hat Tip: Beckett) UPDATE: The rare card above (Obama lifting up Clinton) is only now (6/2/08) showing up on eBay. Here are links to 2 of the auctions I could find. 1: 2:
- Gammons thinks Derek Lowe is a potential trade candidate. (Hat Tip: Fire Ned Colletti Now)
- Clayton Kershaw signs an exclusive collectibles agreement with Steiner Sports.
- The Israeli Baseball League is looking like a bust.
- Mario puts together a Top 10 list of all-time greatest Garbage Pail Kids cards. This is how I felt after last nights gut-wrenching loss.
- Stale Gum sounds off against the recent trend towards gimmick short print cards.
- Who knew that numbering a Baseball card set could be so naughty.
It's probably the most thinking Geideman ever did compiling a checklist, save for the 1992 Upper Deck set when he assigned numbers that ended in 69 to players with porn-star-sounding names. (Dick Schofield at No. 269, Heathcliff Slocumb at No. 569, and Dickie Thon at No. 769.)I think the 1992 Upper Deck Baseball card set has become my favorite set of all-time. The Slate story also unveils the story behind the 1989 Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr. rookie card. (Hat Tip: Gem Mint Ten)
- Tatiana captures Juan Pierre dancing.
- MLB are a bunch of fools.
The baseball uniforms for the Tinley Park Bulldogs look a little different this year. Gone are the names of Major League Baseball teams that accompanied "Bulldogs" on the front of the kids' jerseys.This is beyond stupid. Don't you think that having kids wear uniforms with MLB teams on them might be a great way to build brand loyalty? The first little league team I was on was the Brewers and for some odd reason they became my 2nd favorite team as a kid. Not only that, when I found out that Robin Yount was a local player he instantly became one of my favorite all-time players. It all started with being a young Brewer in little league. (Hat Tip: Oliver Willis)
No White Sox.
No Phillies, Yankees or Reds.
Why? MLB hurled a fastball at the heads of those who make the uniforms for the little ballplayers: Drop the big-league names or face a lawsuit.
- The infamous 2007 Topps Fidel Castro Auto card turned Anti-Castro card is for sale on eBay.
Sunday, June 01, 2008
Blog Kiosk 6/1/2008
Please let there be light at the end of this tunnel. The Dodgers are not this bad.