- Check out Russell Martin with LA Kings Center Derek Armstrong courtesy of Rich Hammond of the Daily News. There are plenty of pictures.
- Yhea. I noticed that porn-stache too.
- Check out HBMOM5's pics from Kershaw's start on the 25th. Here, Here, Here and Here.
- Here is a new Dodger Video Blogger- LABaseballTV. He's got some videos from Spring Training in Arizona and the Coliseum Game.
- Keep your hands off my roto-league. The Supreme Court refused to hear Baseball's appeal that they own player stats and, therefore, are due licensing fees. Fantasy sports was in jeopardy and the court rightly begged off. Player stats belong in the public domain!
"This definitely feels great. Baseball had a fairly arrogant tone through this thing and was an aggressive opponent. But this is good for the fantasy industry. You've got a bunch of smaller guys who built this industry into what it's become, and for baseball to come in like they did 25 years after the fact and try to push everybody out, that just wasn't right."
- Andre Ethier is now a blogger. It's called Dining With 'Dre. Check it out here. (Hat Tip: Dodger Thoughts)
- Roberto is the king of the Southern California Autograph and player meet-and-greet circuit. First he runs into Gary Carter and Darrell Thomas, then Pedro Guerrero and photo day at Dodger Stadium.
- This past Wednesday, June 4, was the 34th anniversary of Cleveland's 10-cent beer night. ESPN tells us all about it. As you can imagine, this was an event that did not go well.
Fans -- and we shall use this term for lack of a better one -- could buy up to six cups at a time, with no system in place to prevent a designated mule from purchasing a full complement, handing them off to underage clients, and returning for more... Through deliberate coordination or spontaneous groupthink, hundreds of fans showed up with pockets full of firecrackers. Anonymous explosions peppered the stands from the first pitch, lending the game a war-zone ambiance that would seem increasingly appropriate.(Hat Tip: Baseball Crank)
- I wanted to send a special shout out to my close friends Curtis and Eileen on the birth of their second child James David- or JD, if you will.
YouTube Link: lemonsters2008:
Hat Tip: For The Love Of Baseball: Tatiana: