- Our best wishes to Don Zimmer. He recently had a stroke, but expects to be back on the field this Spring. It looks like a quick recovery. Thanks to True Blue LA for the news.
- I look forward to reading more from this new Dodger/ Vin Scully blog called "Listening to Vin."
- Check out the Trolley Dodgers post featuring the very first pitch made at the Brooklyn Dodgers old digs at Ebbets Field.
- The Fiendish Observational Comedian discusses the Jason Repko's arbitration.
- Reflections of Blue responds sarcastically to the rumor that 8 teams have called Boras about Andruw Jones.
- You must all read Roberto's blog- Vinny is My Homeboy.
- This is a phenomenal read. "A Journey from Ebbets Field to the Steps of the Capitol."
- The European version of a hobby gimmick. A Beckham sticker from Panini drives collectors in Italy crazy. Hat Tip: Chuck's Used Cards.
- Bad Wax has become a McFarlane sports figurine collector.
- Jo Anna is so ready for some Dodger Baseball.
- What a great card. The Garvey Cey Russell Lopes Card blog finds a very timely card. Whoever put these guys on adjacent panels had a eye for the future.
- When all you can do is laugh, play The Bailout Game! Hat Tip: The Big Picture:
- Former Kansas City Royal Amos Otis is a collector too.
“I think people still remember my career, so I still sign quite a few autograph requests,” he said. “Going to shows such as The National gives me the opportunity to see players who I played with and against, yet have not seen them in quite a few years; that’s always nice.
“Plus, I can get some autographs, too.”
Otis collects autographs from sports and entertainment personalities. One of his prized pieces is a signed item featuring cast members from “The Andy Griffith Show,” including Gomer Pyle.
- On June 23rd the Brooklyn Cyclones will transform into the Baracklyn Cyclones with jazzy new uniforms and a free bobblehead given to fans in honor of our new President. Other exciting give-aways that day include 2 free tickets to anyone named Joe and is actually a plumber, a bi-partisan consolation prize of free tickets in the bleachers for anyone named McCain or Palin and a clear-cut exit strategy where fans receive an American flag as they leave the game. Go to the teams website for more info.
- Do you remember Ricky Wright. The 1983 Fleer projects showcases another autographed Dodger card.
- The Fifth Outfielder ranks the best Baseball sites.
- Wow. I Love This Game runs into a great Koufax painting and its painter. It was done with spray paint.
- This is the best video that I've seen so far that best encapsulates 2008. Enjoy.
YouTube Link: calecse:
Hat Tip: Extra Mustard: