- The 2010 NHL Draft will be held in Los Angeles in June. At least that's the current inside scoop from Rich Hammond.
- Here's a great story about Ned Colletti's friendship with Toronto Leafs GM Brian Burke. (Hat Tip: Diamond Notes)
- Check out the billboards that should have been from Left Field Pavilion.
- Walk Off Walk writes glowingly about former Dodger top prospect Franklin Gutierrez. I agree that he is the best defensive outfielder in the game today.
- Read ShysterBall's "The McCourt Divorce: Reader's Digest Version."
- The Major League Players Association, a member of the ALF-CIO, supports the Employee Free Choice Act. Did you know that the MLPA was a member of the ALF-CIO?
- Today is the 50th Anniversary of the hockey mask. Consider this: The game has been around for more than 100 years, so for more than half its history goalies did not wear a mask. That's crazy!
- I'm not a huge fan of the Topps Triple Thread product (considering its price and all), but I will admit that this card is very cool. Finding this card is like winning the lottery. (Hat Tip: Beckett)
- Donald Trump has class. He was a major investor in the USFL and a major reason for its failure. ESPN has a documentary about it and Donald responded to the producer with a great "classy" letter. Check it out here. (Hat Tip: SCD)
- Doug Allen of Legendary Auctions has just started a blog. Check it out.
- REA gives an early peek at a 1889 Old Judge California League card of Cornelius Doyle. Cards of this West Coast league from Old Judge are extremely (NO EXTREMELY) rare! We are probably talking six figures rare for this one card.
- Bob Lemke introduces the 1937 BF104's. Before today I had never heard of this issue.
- Move over T-Rex, the Pliosaur was bigger and probably meaner.
- Grocery Store Musical
From the Improv Everywhere site.