- Check out this great fantasy card made by The Left Field Pavilion.
- If you've got nothing to do tonight, check out TLC's show Accidental Fortune that features a game-used Babe Ruth bat that he used to hit home run number 1 at Yankee Stadium. It runs at 8:00 PM Eastern Time, 4/18/2010.
- Dodger Blue Blog went to the Opening Day as the Brooklyn "Bum" and Hilda Chester. Read all about it here.
- Magaladon at Battle of California writes about the history of Lord Stanley's Cup- as best as they know. Truth and non-fiction be damned.
Lord Stanley reveled in the bloodshed, and quickly moved to enshrine these contests as an annual tradition. Seeking guidance, Stanley went deep into the northern wilderness and meditated for seven days. When he emerged he proclaimed that he had been visited by a spirit which had granted him the official rules of hockey.
- This is simply amazing. Throughout Western African inhabitants can be seen wearing NHL hockey jerseys. Really! Via Puck Daddy.
- Former Dodger Mike Davis shares a great Baseball poem written by his brother Mark Davis, a former California Angel. Part 1. Part 2.
- Free the Dodger Stadium Tailgaters!
- The super rare Reggie Jackson in a Orioles uniform sold for over $17,000, via TS O'Connell. How strange looking is this?
- Here is a look at the 2009 Yankees World Series ring, from Beckett.
- Please, would someone sign Brian Akin. He's not done yet. Besides, I love reading his blog.
- If Charlie Park was a Gunslinger... has some young and old photos of Wesley Branch Rickey.
- "Pea Ridge" Day. He was one of the more unique characters in Baseball. He once played for the Brooklyn Dodgers way back in the 1920's. Check out The Infinite Baseball Card Set's homemade card and biography of this player.
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Blog Kiosk: 4/18/2010
It's a great time for LA sports. The Kings and Lakers are in the playoffs, and Dodger Baseball has begun.