- Chris Jaffe puts together a list of the "15 worst endings ever to regular season games." As I'm sure you cam imagine, the Dodgers amply fill the list. 4 Dodgers games are recounted, and, surprisingly, only one led to a Dodger lost. Here is a sample of a win:
Thanks to Baseball-Reference.com's Play Index, we know that only one game in the last 60 years ended on a walk-off catcher's interference play. I really don't know what Johnny Bench did with the bases loaded in the bottom of the 11th of a 4-4 game in 1971, but the ump ruled it catcher interference. Runners advance - game over.
- Check out Julian Morrow's great story about Happy Felton and the Knott Hole Gang.
- Marcus Thames- Almost a Dodger? Via, MLB Trade Rumor and Ken Gurnick.
- Check out this really cool map of online communities, via The Big Picture.
- Tom at Baseball by the Letters shares a letter he got from former Dodger Norm Sherry.
- GCRL reminded me that today is Don Zimmer's Birthday. Happy Birthday Don!