Also, anyone know of a case break happening for 2011 Topps? I'd love to participate if I can get the Dodgers.
- I'm loving Tom Hoffarth's series called "The Tao of Vin Scully." He simply ask some well seasoned broadcasters what they can learn by simply listening to Vin. Here, he ask Bob Miller (the Kings broadcaster) that question.
- John Tudor, Baby! Check out GCRL recently received auto'd cards.
- ESPN writer Scott Turken shares his most prized childhood sports card. I've always wanted that card, but have never got around to tracking one down.
- With the Super Bowl comes the NFL Experience. Check on some pics and video here from Beckett and Panini, here, here and here.
- You've got to read Tom Owens story at Baseball By The Letters about sitting next to Johnny Mize during a card show.
When a child in a wheelchair approached the table, having just an index card, Mize said, "Just a minute." He slowly, gently lowered himself (on two new surgically-repaired knees) to be at eye level with the young fan. "I want you to have this." Out came a 1952 Topps card. The real thing from the real "Big Cat."